Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Michigan Outdoor

  1. #1
    New Member Chubba420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Michigan Outdoor

    I am getting ready to move to Michigan and wanted to know when the outdoor season starts there and when it ends. Also wanted to know if anyone has any experience growing outdoors in MI or if it is better to keep it all indoors that far north. Thanks for any input

  2. #2
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    43

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Hello Chubba420! Yes, you can grow outside here in Michigan, done it years ago myself and still have friends that do it every year. Best to have plants started inside and then move them outside once chance of frost is gone. Usually safe after mid May thru mid Sept.-1st of Oct. or so. I am a legal card holder so grow inside completely now. Growing outside here can be risky with the "eye in the sky" looking for outside gardens. Hope that helps. Maybe others will jump in with a little more accurate info.

    Keep Growin!
    BMD

  3. #3
    420 Member sinbad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Tri-Cities
    Posts
    177
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Now wait a gosh darn mintue, the seasons in our great State of Michigan? Start with Summer, best two weeks of July every year! Moving quiclky into fall around end of July early August till up to December. Although Winter starts right around Christmas or thanksgiving (Upper Pensula down to around Flint area).
    Over in Thumb, snow is from the great lake affects and vary wildy as the local sherrifs enforcement of state law. Most of the Thumb is covered in snow 10-11 months out of the year (except the two weeks summer is here in July). This makes it difficult for deer to graze, so they move next to the roads for their diet of presalted grass and scrub-which makes for driving adventures to be sure.
    In the middle of the state we've got the western wailing winds, blanketing the state with whatever is brought in off of Lake Michigan (moderte temps to freezing drizzle even in June)
    So its cold, hot, wet, dry and don't all in all get to much sun. But we love it here-really do. O? Did you mean for growing outside? Well then sorry can only tell you what old timer told me. Never plant before the first of May. Meant this to be funny, but welcome to our state if you'ns you make the move. If our new gov has his way, we'll work twice as hard for what we've got now. Three times as hard to get it back if we lose it.

  4. #4
    420 Member SMOKE 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    102

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    and to michigan but depending on where you are moving you might do betta indoors to many police!

  5. #5
    New Member Chubba420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Well as long as you have a card and properly locked isnt it legal to grow your own? Or is there an indoor only policy in MI?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubba420 View Post
    Well as long as you have a card and properly locked isnt it legal to grow your own? Or is there an indoor only policy in MI?

    There is no Michigan indoor policy in Michigan law, but the laws here are very subjective, meaning the police do as they please and you are left to fight it out in court. There is a case right now in south west Michigan about someone growing in a locked dog kennel and all Michigan law says is it must be in a secured growing area. They didn't feel it was secure enough being locked in the persons back yard.

    Plant out doors in May and harvest in October.
    Last edited by 420Cyclist; 03-11-2011 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Forum Guidelines

  7. #7
    420 Member SMOKE 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    102

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Last edited by 420Cyclist; 03-11-2011 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Forum Guidelines

  8. #8
    420 Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    44

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Bag seed trick - Every 4th of july i throw my seeds outside in a small area. I gather up seeds from my buddys so im talking 400 or more. You get an 8th or less per plant but no seeds as there was no time for the males to produce. Call it my set it and forget it method lol. Ohh and the eye in the sky wont spotem because there not 8ft tall.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubba420 View Post
    Well as long as you have a card and properly locked isnt it legal to grow your own? Or is there an indoor only policy in MI?
    "The MMMA specifies that a qualified patient or registered primary caregiver may only cultivate marijuana plants in an “enclosed, locked facility.” The Act defines an “enclosed, locked facility” to be any closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a qualified patient and/or a registered primary caregiver."

    Outdoor growing is NOT legal in MI in any circumstances.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 03-29-2011 at 05:59 PM.

  10. #10
    New Member Chubba420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Thanks for the input. Exactly what I needed to know. Thought I might be able to put up a fence inside an already fenced yard with locks, lights, and security cameras. Guess I will be doing it all indoors instead. Probably better anyways I dont have any experience outdoors let alone that far north.

  11. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Quote Originally Posted by Chubba420 View Post
    Thanks for the input. Exactly what I needed to know. Thought I might be able to put up a fence inside an already fenced yard with locks, lights, and security cameras. Guess I will be doing it all indoors instead. Probably better anyways I dont have any experience outdoors let alone that far north.
    Stay safe and welcome to Michigan. While you can't legally grow outdoors in MI you can do just about everything else. Other than the 4 coldest winter months Michigan has it all.
    sinbad likes this.

  12. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    "The MMMA specifies that a qualified patient or registered primary caregiver may only cultivate marijuana plants in an “enclosed, locked facility.” The Act defines an “enclosed, locked facility” to be any closet, room, or other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices that permit access only by a qualified patient and/or a registered primary caregiver."

    Outdoor growing is NOT legal in MI in any circumstances.


    Well I see other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices, no mention of indoors in anything you said, can you explain what other means. since it says closet or room I assume you read this as indoors only. I have yet to see anything in Michigan's law that spells out no outdoor growing, if you have that written I would like to see it.

    Regardless if indoors or outdoors you must be careful and try your best to cover your ass here since it is in the news everyday and everyone has something to add. Many times it is not written into law and just someones opinion.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 03-29-2011 at 06:03 PM.

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Quote Originally Posted by Stebs View Post
    Well I see other enclosed area equipped with locks or other security devices, no mention of indoors in anything you said, can you explain what other means. since it says closet or room I assume you read this as indoors only. I have yet to see anything in Michigan's law that spells out no outdoor growing, if you have that written I would like to see it.

    Regardless if indoors or outdoors you must be careful and try your best to cover your ass here since it is in the news everyday and everyone has something to add. Many times it is not written into law and just someones opinion.
    I don't know how you can define "enclosed area" in any shape or form as outside in the written context.
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 03-29-2011 at 06:04 PM. Reason: spelling

  14. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Regardless of how you want to interpret MI law the feds will come and take you away anywhere in the US. That is a fact which any DEA office will be happy to verify for you.

    Statement of fact-It is 100% illegal for individuals to grow marijuana outdoors anywhere in the United States.

    OK with you?
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 03-29-2011 at 07:26 PM.

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: Michigan Outdoor

    Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post

    Regardless of how you want to interpret MI law the feds will come and take you away anywhere in the US. That is a fact which any DEA office will be happy to verify for you.

    Statement of fact-It is 100% illegal for individuals to grow marijuana outdoors anywhere in the United States.

    OK with you?
    First this site is not about arguing and name calling so stop and I'll do the same.

    FACT: Michigan law has already been written and other enclosed areas are in it.


    Under federal law it's illegal indoors and outdoors, and the government hasn't enforced the law for residents in parts of California for years. The case below is ongoing, the defendant was growing in a enclosed locked dog kennel in Michigan, the ruling has been reversed and remanded for further proceedings because the plants he had in an indoor closet wasn't locked and other residents of the home had access to them, that's near the end of the court document.

    The Federal government is letting the states handle their own laws right now and not enforcing their own, but your right that they can pounce whenever they want. read the case below, it's pretty interesting and a test of the law as written which is sure to change over time.


    http://brucealanblock.com/wordpress/...g-Majority.pdf
    Last edited by 420 Girl; 03-29-2011 at 07:26 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast