Root Aphids? Organic solution?

I had a hard time finding a pic on the internet to identify the little pests in my soil... But I did find one...
Results = Root Aphids.
Then I searched some forums and all recomended treatments were expensive or took a little time to work...like Pyganic, Botanigard, ect.

I wanted to use all organic products on my garden.. I also want dead aphids..

Solution = Garden Insect Killer (24 oz spray bottle) EcoSMART

I used 2 tsp per gallon and watered the plants with it to coat the roots and soil.
This stuff not only pwned the aphids ... I got to watch em die immediatly.
I havn't seen any aphids (Flying or crawling) since. It's been a week and the plants are doing quite nicely..

Oh yeah.. this cost less than 5 bucks a bottle... :ganjamon:

I just picked up the ecosmart bottle today.... rosemary oil, peppermint oil, thyme oil, clove oil; those are the ingredients at .25% each. I'll be picking up these oils in concentrate and making loads of my own in the future if this stuff works like it did for you :)

I have used these soil drenches before in the past and they work great but will be dangerous to your micro life if your growing in an organic enviorment your soil is just as important as what you see above the pot, i'm an avid hater of bugs and my wife even makes fun of me because of how i yell at unwanted bug visiters as i slay them in their wake. A very organic friendly alternative is Diatimatious earth, just use a top layer over your soil mix in your containers, always use Food grade or Garden grade NEVER use pool grade it is toxic to you and your plants. The way it works is its like microscopic razorblades that slice the little guys as they try to live and breed. also if your trying for a healthy enviorment for your micro beasties this is very benificial because it lets air down to the top of your soil mix but blocks out the light, which promotes good microlife.

Although it will not work on all pests, I find that Diatomateous Earth will kill most "segmented" insects and is safe and organic. It can even be used to powder animals to get rid of fleas.
I have used it against thrips and accually spinkle some on the soil of all my plants prior to flowering as a preventitive measure.

Jonny

I just picked up the ecosmart bottle today.... rosemary oil, peppermint oil, thyme oil, clove oil; those are the ingredients at .25% each. I'll be picking up these oils in concentrate and making loads of my own in the future if this stuff works like it did for you :)

Hi, did the garden insect killer work at removing your soil aphids?

Any news from this post? Ever? I've just run into easily tens of thousands of aphids on an outdoor 48 plant grow. They're hardly present in about 30 of'em, but 18 of them are totally covered. I've got more bugs than trichs. :/

Garlic planted in the pot, garlic spray to begin.

Garlic planted in the pot, garlic spray to begin.

Conradino23 - Thank you for this. I'm making a tobacco garlic tea to spray with, and placing some apple cider vinegar with dishsoap in a petri dish, on top of a yellow sticky note. Is there any full proof way to get rid of fungus gnat larvae before they complete trash the rest of my planted seeds? :/

Any news from this post? Ever? I've just run into easily tens of thousands of aphids on an outdoor 48 plant grow. They're hardly present in about 30 of'em, but 18 of them are totally covered. I've got more bugs than trichs. :/

I just lost a crop of kale to those boogers but been oil and water 10:1 ratio an then add 3 drops of liquid dish soap mix well bf each use spray both sides of all leaves and flowers and top soil in the afternoon after dinner every other day for a week but your biggest problem is gonna b doing them all (the plants) at one time

Outdoors organics

Back
Top Bottom