RP's 2010 outdoor grow

RPsmoke

Well things are off to a decent start. We had some oddball weather recently, going from cold to warm back to cold... but looks like it's finally starting to feel like summer. Got a couple ladies outside growing I thought I would share.

Most of these were started from seeds. I also particpate in a grower's union of sorts. Monthly meetings allow for some people to share some quality genetics with one another. I have comes across Headband (not pictured yet) and some c-99 clones this way as well as a more regular Sour Diesel and purple trainwreck. I also have a Black Domina left over from previous grows I have done. I like the medical properties it offers. Some of the clones came at different times, so you might not see them in the first few pics. I will get more detailed pics of each strain later. I wasn't sure I was even going to make a journal. I figure it will help me stay up to date on the site, and keep my pictures and notes a little better organized.

The seeds I have growing are Blue Hash, 2 White Widow, 2 Church, king kush and a Strawberry Cough I got from a hermie plant last year. I am also playing around with some autoflowers. Hopeing to use these plants to give an early harvest and hold me over for the larger harvest towards fall. Fun little plants. I have Diesel Ryder and easy Ryder seeds. I bred out a couple Mom's and Dad's to keep me happy with plenty of autoflower seeds.

This is my first in ground attempt (using raised beds). I have always used large pots before. Also, I have never planted this early.

Anyway... I ramble a lot... on to the pics:

April:
outdoor_4-2010.jpg

I start LST once they get about this height... maybe a little sooner:
Black_Domina_outdoors_4-2010.jpg

^ Black Domina

Then they went into the ground in early May
outdoor_2010_18.jpg

^^ Two on the right on both White Widow from different breeders.
Left front is King Kush. Left rear is Black Domina

outdoor_2010_17.jpg

From left to right is: Strawberry Cough, Blue Hash, and Purple Trainwreck

Getting bigger:
outdoor_2010_20.jpg

outdoor_2010_19.jpg

and bigger:
outdoor_2010.jpg

outdoor_2010_2.jpg

outdoor_2010_3.jpg

Little more recent pics:
outdoor_2010_6.jpg

You can see the potted Autoflowers in the front there. Also the Headband is still potted and hiding back in there somewhere.

outdoor_2010_9.jpg

Diesel ryder in full bloom! Smells GREAT

outdoor_2010_11.jpg

outdoor_2010_12.jpg

Two of the beds are just for plain ole veggies:
outdoor_2010_13.jpg

Stem on the Blue Hash:
outdoor_2010_14.jpg

Next time I'll get something in there so you can compare size

Couple more pics in my gallery. I will keep the pics more updated as I move forward! :yummy:

man those are nice! hopefully i can learn enough and be able to set something like that up. any guess on your yield? or what ur hoping to get

those are very nice.

Looks like you have neighbors pretty close. Are you not concerned about the smell? Do you do anything to mask it?

Thank you very much for the kind words!

As to yield... not a clue. Way too early. Honestly... I wasn't really planning on growing these large of plants. But I guess I got too eager like a kid on christmas day... and started growing these out way too early. So... we will just see what happens.

As for the smell... no real plans as of yet. I got to do something... but not sure what would work best. Reading Dirtfarmer's thread... he had lots of issues I am now facing. His plants were REAL monsters... so trying to take notes of that grow. He mentions using fresh manure... might try that. I have easy access to plenty. Good thing is, I am 100% legal. This is a medical grow, and completely within city, county, and state regulation. Also, I know for a fact the neighbor enjoys cannabis for recreational use, and enjoys often. The neighbor is also a friend, and we have already talked about my garden.

My big worry is thieves. I am working on some better security. You cannot see this from the public street at all, but I am afraid the smell will carry. I may end up with extra motion detector lights and some motion alarms. My bedroom is not more then 3 feet away, with an always open window. I am almost always within earshot.

This weekend I will be working on building a trellis over the tops, giving me more ways to tie tops over.

Thanks stankalot.

No real updates yet. Didn't have time to build any trellis for the plants yet. Spent the weekend at the High Times Medical Cannabis Cup. Had a GREAT time. Not much to see until flowering anyway. :smokin:

Mr.RPsmoke..

You my Friend,, are a MADMAN !! .. lol.. Very nice Brother,, VERY nice Indeed.. .. You need a GAURD DAWG !! I'd be sooo worried about thieves,, I wouldnt be able to do it.. Or,, I'd have to sleep in the Garden if I was HALF that brave.. LoL.. ..

Prop's to ya Sir.. ..

wow, nice plants man! I love those planter boxs, I would love to grow outdoors but the climate here doesnt suit the plants, it snowed last week, lol, peace man!!

Thanks guys!

Don't worry, I am nervous about having them out there, this big LOL.

Thinking about maybe some bamboo. Plant that directly behind the fence, making a bamboo fence. It grows fast and would make it a little harder to get over the fence. Could also tie some metal cans to the bamboo branches to make a makeshift alarm. Like I said, my head isn't more then a few feet away max, with an open window. Not sure, just some thoughts right now.

My Purple Trainwreck has been almost completely overrun by the blue hash now. Wonder if I should just let it be and do it's thing, or chop it down.

I go out and look at the plants and smile ear to ear, and at the same time shake my head. Rookie mistakes left and right and way too large of plants. Guess we will see what happens!

Good news, couple of the diesel ryder auto's are bout ready for harvest.

Not much of an update, but got some pics anyway:

Garden of 5gallon pots!

First berry coming in

Watermelon getting started:

The Church being bent over

Diesel Ryder bud

Headband in a 25 gallon fabric pot

Another diesel ryder

Some odd bud growth from a diesel ryder

Sour Diesel in far corner and another Church lady in front

Sunflower and Corn and some romain lettuce too. Not sure how well that lettuce will hold up.]

Here you can see some oddball leaf growth after going through a re-veg period.

One diesel ryder harvest

As for smell... what can I do? I am stumped on this one. I mean I could use the manure idea... but then the neighbors who are ok with the medical garden, might have a problem with their house smelling like crap. I think I will just let them do their thing and see what happens. I have started to install a nice security system outside and in. Gives me some peace of mind. Looking into video surveillance system too. They got all kinds, and not as pricey as I would have thought. We'll see.

I keep hoping for a silver bullet for the outdoor smell issue, I just need to come to terms with the fact that it doesn't exist.

Everything is looking great. Way to go.

Wanted to update but haven't snapped much in the way of pics. I have been smoking some of the diesel ryder (autoflower) lately. It's decent enough smoke. Each plant is producing roughly 1 ounce, with one or two going a bit over.

Everything else is doing great. I had to deal with a slight Sulfur difficiency recently too. I will snap some pics, but had some odd growth. Started coming out super bright yellow, but was yellowing from the middle outwards. Then the bright highlighter-like yellow turned to white. It's only one branch on two different plants. Rest are fine. I treated with some epsom foliar feed and been adding some epsom salts to the nutes. Looks to be getting better.

Weather has been super cold, wet, and just nasty. But plants are making due.

The ladies are also starting to flower, so I will make sure I snag some pics over the weekend for an update. Think that about covers it until I get pics. Hope everyone's garden is doing GREAT!

Issues huh? No good! Finally got mine on the mend, but took awhile to figure out what it was. Was new to me! Will have to get over there and check out what you have going. Just so busy lately. Finally summer rush is slowly down some for me, so should be able to give some more updates.

Hopefully I don't forget pics!:bong: entered a reminder in the phone! :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom