Yes or No? Air-Pots Good or Bad? Thanks

trichomes

QUOTED TEXT "But when I got down to the part where you mention how you'd rather invest your money in "air-pots" I just wanted to scream.
Air-pots, for the most part, are a scam. I bought a 5 pack of 5.2 gallon Superoots air-pots earlier this year for around 100. I have done three full grows since. Out of the 15 plants grown in those air-pots, NOT ONE had a better root system, thicker branches or produced larger buds than the 9 plants I grew in regular 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled at the bottom."

I just bought 3, not sure about these, what about bugs having all those (100's of) damp holes to BREED in!!??
I look forward to member response!!!!

That is your opinion,which I must beg to differ.
Most unfortunate to see misinformation being smeared based on what?
Perhaps you should try a different grow medium.
Seriously.

Hello Guys

I wanted to chime my two cents in here.....I've been at this for some time.
I am currently using Superroots Plastic Airpots.. . Here is what I've come to conclude...There is a time and place for these pots
If you are vegging your plants for long periods of time these pots are fairly beneficial, but if you go from clone to flower or only veg for up to 2 weeks before flower than you might as well use bags or any old pot really....
I use these pots in many different sizes for different applications, Mothers and Tree's Mainly...

Thanks

Thanks for your input Dank Farmer.
The air pots were suggested to me by my vendor. I grow indoors, and am on disability for severe spinal pain.
I just couldn't lug the 5 gallon containers back and forth without blowing one of the few good vertebra I have left.

I will more then likely move towards adding a drainage tube on the bottom- for now, I am starting fresh with seeds. Superroots is what I have as well. I have 1/2 dozen 1 litre and 4 1 gallon pots.

I first used the pots over the summer with clones of Endless sky- which has it's issues, so I don't think that was a fair assessment of the pots. Plus, I got them a bit later then I needed them, so I didn't have decent roots established, they were given to me in 6" baskets where the roots didn't flourish.

I will see how it goes this time around with seedlings. I have very limited space, and have done great with hydro. Since I have a few strains, I am considering creating my own hybrid. We'll see.
Thanks again.

I am pretty banged up myself.....
getting old sucks...

I watch out for vendors recommendations lol...

Basically if your going to keep your plants in pots for extended periods of time in veg than I recommend these pots.

On another note.... Your watering regimen will be different with these pots as well they require water more often as the air tend to dry them out quickly...

I use less water per watering but water much more often.

Taking these pots apart is also kind of a pain in the ass so I only use them for extended applications....

hope this helps

I personally think they are great and will definitely let your plant grow bigger buds.

I only buy supplies from one person (aka 'vendor') who I trust implicitly. He was also my growing coach early on.
You see- in return, I write reviews. It all works out very well for me. I get a lot if suggestions.... that doesn't mean I'll blindly follow.
I do my research thoroughly- and opine after I have used the product.

If one hasn't use it, and has lots of opinions, well we have a word for that.....

why not drill small holes in side of 5 gal buckets and experiment? i have a large BBQ injecting syringe i use for pork roasts that doubles as a
liquid fertilizer injector into select holes and works well for me..oh ya i am into kinky stuff like root tone in upper holes, fish/seaweed etc.
middle holes. then spin her around drop 4 holes and near bottom impregnate the bitch with some lime water. lime at bottom always as it
attracts roots to it..do i hope this helps no i hope it stimulates your creative thinking

Some times I thinks this stuff gets way over thunk guys... I have used air and smart pots and many others. Look at my grow with the Trainwreck and Blue Dot, over 60 days veg and well more then that in flower. Used my super soil blend and WATER that is all. Sometimes keeping it simple has its place. Air pots do require a more frequent watering schedule, but if you think about it your wet and dry cycles for the pot are more easily determined and a watering schedule can be figured out. Have done the buckets and it sucked. Never again, there are way better products out there that just a bucket. getting the plant elevated even an inch will help air circulation and thus help with the watering schedule, lots of products out there, but I have my eye on some of those commercial bread racks the plastic ones, have a little over and inch of air space on the bottom, Peace All OG.

I've used them for the last several years. A plant requires several things that will make it happy, nutrients, water, air and light. The pots help with the air and root binding and when I put the bottoms in I go up 2 spaces instead of just one, that gives me more space under the pot for a lot more nutes and air. The roots will drop down into the nutrients and give you a longer time between watering. I've been extending them with coffee cans and such to give me more cour, they work for me. I have them in buckets so there is little wasted nutes, change the buckets once or twice a week. Easy Peasy.

Back
Top Bottom