Ways to not have to visit your site often?

vividclarity

Hey guys, thought I'd like to make my first topic. What are some ways that limits the amount of trips/bringing less stuff since you cant be carrying a bunch of stuff when your supposed to be a hiker! aha. For the limits, examples like, "how to not have to water your plant alot (if its by a stream)." And also this as well, what does it mean when mushrooms are growing right at the spot? Then one I have been eyeing has red, rather large, dark mushrooms. :high-five:

Good strain will be fine without the water even 10-14 days. Add some mycorrhizae and plant in shade if you get very hot summers: forest is fine if PH of soil is not too low.

I use terra sorb. It has mycorrhiza and water absorbing crystals. It retains water. Also mulch is good. I also make a bowl type berrier two feet around the plant.

I use terra sorb. It has mycorrhiza and water absorbing crystals. It retains water. Also mulch is good. I also make a bowl type berrier two feet around the plant.

If your soil aint retaining the water much, you can always place a plastic bag in your hole with a couple of holes in it, not much bio but it works

if its hot like 40c, then they will need alot of water.. things i do to keep them cool thus retaining water is.. no black pots, white only.. terrecota pots are PERFECT to retain water, and you get much bigger roots from using these..

so yeh with a good strain, and depending how hot it is where you are, i would say from experience of 40c plus, in terecotta pots covered with straw can last easy 14days without being watered, plants over 1m high..

A good teqnick is to dig out a hole the same size as a bale of straw or hey, and bury it in the ground, so that there is atleast 30cm of space for top soil
The idea is that the bale of straw can hold lots of water and the roots go mad in it.. i rememember and old spanish farmer was saying he done this for his "tomatoes" lol

Try plastic grow bags of soil, 2 cubic feet, with a hole for the plant to stick out. This much soil can be easily and unobtrusively carried in a day pack, in two trips. Poke some holes in the bottom of the bag before you put the plant in, so roots can explore soil under the bag. Last summer I couldn't get water to my plants for six weeks, and they were OK, using this technique.

Handle the bags with gloves. Fingerprints are easy to lift from plastic.

Look for somewhere sunny, discreet and close to water.

Mushrooms mean basically nothing seeing as there are countless species and they all have different habitat and substrate preferences.

I get good results by planting directly in the ground (roots will always have more space to grow and look for water). I also cut my loam with garden compost, which helps in retaining water. Even with temps hitting 100-105F they are fine for 10-14 days without any watering.

if its hot like 40c, then they will need alot of water.. things i do to keep them cool thus retaining water is.. no black pots, white only.. terrecota pots are PERFECT to retain water, and you get much bigger roots from using these..

so yeh with a good strain, and depending how hot it is where you are, i would say from experience of 40c plus, in terecotta pots covered with straw can last easy 14days without being watered, plants over 1m high..

A good teqnick is to dig out a hole the same size as a bale of straw or hey, and bury it in the ground, so that there is atleast 30cm of space for top soil
The idea is that the bale of straw can hold lots of water and the roots go mad in it.. i rememember and old spanish farmer was saying he done this for his "tomatoes" lol

hombre conrad, this method with the straw bale in the ground is gtreat for guerilla growing :)

Yeah, but I use bamboo compost/mulch/leaves and it works fine for me. To be honest if you have at least 180-200 cm plant, its root system will be large enough to penetrate deep into the soil, and look for water by itself, so any watering is necessary only if you have real drought like 3-4 weeks without any rain.

Yeah, but I use bamboo compost/mulch/leaves and it works fine for me. To be honest if you have at least 180-200 cm plant, its root system will be large enough to penetrate deep into the soil, and look for water by itself, so any watering is necessary only if you have real drought like 3-4 weeks without any rain.

:bravo:

lack of water and they wilt may even drop some leaves but rarely die. i have seen plants come back stronger than before and kick ass when next rain comes..

Back
Top Bottom