How can I get a better diagnosis of my plant?

Smokin Moose

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex Moderator
In order to better help you diagnose your plants problems, please answer the following questions as best you can. Put the answers in a post in the Sick Plants & Problems forum; give as much detail as possible.

Are you growing designer genetics or bagseed?

Are you plants from seed or clone?

How old are your plants total?

Are your plants in flower?

How big are the plants (in height and # of nodes)?

What type of medium are you using and what is its makeup?

What size planter are they in?

Chemical or organic fertilizer?

How frequently do you water and how much do you use?

How frequently do you feed them and how much do you use?

Have you seen any bugs in your garden?

What size light are you using?

How big is the room they are in?

Do you have ventilation?

1. bagseed
2. seed
3. 2 weeks
4. veg
5. around 4 inches maybe ill put a pic up at the bottom and around 3 or 4 nodes i think
6. roots organic soil-a natural and organic quality potting soil mixed with coco fiber, perlite, compost, mulch, worm castings, bat guano, kelp meal, fish bone neal, soybean meal, prilled rock phosphate, feather meal, greensand, leonardite, alfalfa meal, oyster shell flour, and glacial rock dust. also a bag of perlite
7. right now in a little bucket about 6 inches maybe in diameter at the top give or take an inch.
8. organic fertilizer but havnt started to use it yet. plan to use it at 1/3 strength. its stuff called neptunes harvest fish fertilizer (2-4-1).
9. i water maybe every 2 or 3 days depending how dry the soil gets and i water till it starts to drip a little out of the bottom.
10. havnt started to feed yet but planned on it within the next couple days
11. no bugs
12. 4 cfl bulbs, each 5000k's, 23 watts (100 watt equivalent), 1750 lumens
13. about 1 1/2 and 1 1/2 and about 5 ft tall
14. had a fan but need to get a new one

the only problem is i noticed on about 3 or 4 leaves they are starting to look a little dead at the tips of the leaves and i dont want it to get worse.

i cant get close enough to the tips of the leaves but heres a pic of the plant:
getting_bigger.jpg

any help will be very much appreciated. thanks!

thank you

Question from a noob, my plant has tricomes on it, milky white with the balls on the tips, but the thing that is making me question pulling her, is the buds are really "airy"/sparse. In other words, they aren't dense, like I would expect. Some info on the crop:

-Bag Seed
-grown outdoors
-planted on 4/20
-SW Florida
-gets a solid 6hrs of mid-day light, and shaded by a big tree the rest of the time (in the morn, and in the eve)
- Summer rains have kept her well watered
-planted in organic soil comprised of 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 oraganic compost (mixture of mushroom, manure, and planting soil)

To pull or not to pull????

Question from a noob, my plant has tricomes on it, milky white with the balls on the tips, but the thing that is making me question pulling her, is the buds are really "airy"/sparse. In other words, they aren't dense, like I would expect. Some info on the crop:

-Bag Seed
-grown outdoors
-planted on 4/20
-SW Florida
-gets a solid 6hrs of mid-day light, and shaded by a big tree the rest of the time (in the morn, and in the eve)
- Summer rains have kept her well watered
-planted in organic soil comprised of 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 vermiculite, 1/3 oraganic compost (mixture of mushroom, manure, and planting soil)

To pull or not to pull????

See the photo below for visual reference

I'd ask how you have buds already with milky trichomes unless an auto flower? You didn't mention how long it has been growing or how long in flower but the last few weeks are the hardest part if the wait. The lat 2-3 weeks s where most bud weight and density occur. The experienced grower would say when you think they are ready wait another week,

when-to-harvest1.jpg

See the photo below for visual reference

I'd ask how you have buds already with milky trichomes unless an auto flower? You didn't mention how long it has been growing or how long in flower but the last few weeks are the hardest part if the wait. The lat 2-3 weeks s where most bud weight and density occur. The experienced grower would say when you think they are ready wait another week,

when-to-harvest1.jpg

I honestly don't know what strain/type this is, I found seeds in a bag, and gave them a try. The trichomes I am referring to are on the leaves right near the buds. To answer your question, though, its been growing outdoors for 3 months. It should be noted, that I started three plants, and this one has been growing differently. In other words, it "took off" right away. I transplanted her because she was crowding her sisters. I am suspecting the transplant shocked her into flowering, because the other two just started flowering. I'd say she's been flowering for 2-3 weeks now?

I don't know, the tricomes says she's ready, but the density of the buds says she's not. Could be I am just totally aloof, though.

Sorry, I would like to ask a few questions !!!
1 I started training three weeks ago, why some seedlings will grow slowly?
2 Many seedling foliage yellow, greenish veins, leaves whitish, how could this be?

Time: three to four weeks
Variety: White Widow
Soil PH: 6.8
Watering Water PH: 5.5
Temperature: 27 ° C
The level of brightness: 300
Lighting: LED 200W
Lights Time: 24/0

There are professionals who can help me answer it?
Thank you !!!

It's irrelevant now but from what ive seen in my personal experience, the trichomes on the leaves will develop much faster than the buds. And if your plant didn't get the right nutrients (lots of phosphorus) during flowering, than the buds would be pretty airy. Invest $15 in a luminescent microscope and look at you buds. Then refer to Sonic420's post above for preferred harvest time.
Happy Growing :peace:

Purple kush seed from crop king

from seed

about a month old.... in vegetative stage

3-4 nodes i think, 6-8 inches tall

clay pebbles on a drip system

2 gallon pots

fox farm nutrients

at first watered them 15 minutes on 45 minutes off but they appeared to be over watered, i havnt watered them in 24 hours because i think and hope they are over watered and thats why they began to droop in the first place.

feed them fox farm nutes 4-5 days on then have been running a flush for a day in between before they started drooping

ive seen no bugs

they are in a closet with a door open, with a fan on. They stay in between 70-80 degrees, humidity is very low right now like under 40, was 60 + before i thought i was over watering. my ph is always around 6, i monitor it regularly now. My problem is im not sure if im over watering or under-watering. Even though i havnt watered in 24 hours, the clay pebbles mid way to bottom of pot are still wet. Very frustrating i read so much info online but i seem to get nowhere, any help would be great.

20170305_074033_1_.jpg
20170305_074155_1_.jpg
20170305_073320_1_.jpg
20170305_074044_1_.jpg
20170306_095200_1_.jpg
20170306_095205_1_.jpg
20170306_095539_1_.jpg

Purple kush seed from crop king

from seed

about a month old.... in vegetative stage

3-4 nodes i think, 6-8 inches tall

clay pebbles on a drip system

2 gallon pots

fox farm nutrients

at first watered them 15 minutes on 45 minutes off but they appeared to be over watered, i havnt watered them in 24 hours because i think and hope they are over watered and thats why they began to droop in the first place.

feed them fox farm nutes 4-5 days on then have been running a flush for a day in between before they started drooping

ive seen no bugs

they are in a closet with a door open, with a fan on. They stay in between 70-80 degrees, humidity is very low right now like under 40, was 60 + before i thought i was over watering. my ph is always around 6, i monitor it regularly now. My problem is im not sure if im over watering or under-watering. Even though i havnt watered in 24 hours, the clay pebbles mid way to bottom of pot are still wet. Very frustrating i read so much info online but i seem to get nowhere, any help would be great.

20170305_074033_1_.jpg
20170305_074155_1_.jpg
20170305_073320_1_.jpg
20170305_074044_1_.jpg
20170306_095200_1_.jpg
20170306_095205_1_.jpg
20170306_095539_1_.jpg
Not an expert but let them dry get a moisture reader. Common mistake for noobs is over watering and over feeding. I'm no pro so always take a second opinion on but I'll answer the best I can. What is Temps in tent?

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

If your trying to determine what's wrong with your plant you need to pay attention to it in the first place because that is will help too determine weather the problem occurred from the bottom of the plant and gradually moved to the top or vice versa. If that's the case you most likely have a nute problem but if it's starts in a random place it's most likely pests

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Not an expert but let them dry get a moisture reader. Common mistake for noobs is over watering and over feeding. I'm no pro so always take a second opinion on but I'll answer the best I can. What is Temps in tent?

How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Your leaves curling like that and sort of yellowing out our signs of the over watering to solve this you can search hydro water schedules for a drop system and follow that and gradually your plant should become healthier

no and I've had 3 succesful harvests with it but the last one was loaded with seeds. I was hoping it was just that one but now I'm thinking all the clones I took are gonna be the same.
Did you take the all the cuttings off the same plant and some went hermie and some didn't? If so, then I'd suspect some kind of environmental stress.

If you took clones off the one that hermied, chances are pretty good they'll be hermies too. In any case, you don't want to breed of use the herme plant seeds you get. Don't want them in the gene pool!

Newbie to growing. I think I have problems with my plants
1) peanut butter breathe
2) started from seeds
3) 4 weeks
4) in veg
5) about 6” with 3-4 sets of nodes
6) Fox Farm ocean forest
7) 5 gallon fabric pots
8) no fertilizer yet besides what’s in soil already
9) water every 2-3 days unless soil is still wet
10) nutrients 1/2 dose every other watering (fox farm-grow big & big bloom, Cal-mag. Rotate between the two for watering)
19195747-4F8B-4A0E-817A-896D891944BE.jpeg
AAF93B2B-FAEC-4050-B80C-94AB3DC0E7A4.jpeg

11) haven’t seen bugs
12) viparspectra ks5000
13) 4x4x8 ac infinity tent
14). S8 ac inifinity in-line fan with 2 other fans for circulation
Lights on 18/6 schedule. Off 11am - 5pm eastern time

Newbie to growing. I think I have problems with my plants
1) peanut butter breathe
2) started from seeds
3) 4 weeks
4) in veg
5) about 6” with 3-4 sets of nodes
6) Fox Farm ocean forest
7) 5 gallon fabric pots
8) no fertilizer yet besides what’s in soil already
9) water every 2-3 days unless soil is still wet
10) nutrients 1/2 dose every other watering (fox farm-grow big & big bloom, Cal-mag. Rotate between the two for watering)
19195747-4F8B-4A0E-817A-896D891944BE.jpeg
AAF93B2B-FAEC-4050-B80C-94AB3DC0E7A4.jpeg

11) haven’t seen bugs
12) viparspectra ks5000
13) 4x4x8 ac infinity tent
14). S8 ac inifinity in-line fan with 2 other fans for circulation
Lights on 18/6 schedule. Off 11am - 5pm eastern time
First, welcome to the forum! You'll find a lot of people who will be happy to help. I agree no bugs! FFOF has some nutes in it, but after a month, they're gone, so begin with nutes if you haven't already. The kinda puffy looking leaves are often a sign of a little too much water,which can cause problems with the roots taking in nutes, might try letting them get a bit drier before watering. Overall, they look pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom