Laws in Tennessee

mises890

High 420magazine users!

I'd like to start this thread to keep an ongoing discussion with updates about marijuana and its legality in the state. It is usually pretty hard for me to find recent, detailed stories or updates about marijuana and its potential medical use for Tennessee. Because of this I'd like for you all to take a part in recording or documenting where lawmakers are on this issue in our state. Thanks for participating!

IDK about the lawmakers but I have been told that Memorial Hospital in Chattanooga will prescribe a joint that you have to smoke while there and return the roach to be disposed of.

Tennessee Summary
House Bill:
HB 1385 (75 KB)

"Creates the 'Koozer-Kuhn Medical Cannabis Act'... Generally, this bill decriminalizes the use of medical cannabis by a qualifying patient who is enrolled in the safe access program... The program must issue safe access program identification cards to patients who receive a certification for medical cannabis and complete the program enrollment process at a participating pharmacy or regulated dispensary." Introduced by Rep. Sherry Jones (D) on Jan. 2, 2014; referred to Health Committee on Jan. 15, 2014; Failed in Health Subcommittee by a vote of 6-2 (Mar. 25, 2014)

Senate Bill:
SB 2451 (75 KB)
"Creates the 'Koozer-Kuhn Medical Cannabis Act'... Generally, this bill decriminalizes the use of medical cannabis by a qualifying patient who is enrolled in the safe access program... The program must issue safe access program identification cards to patients who receive a certification for medical cannabis and complete the program enrollment process at a participating pharmacy or regulated dispensary." Introduced by Sen. Ophelia Ford (D) on Jan. 2, 2014; referred to Government Operations Committee on Feb. 6, 2014.

Bill died when the legislature adjourned (Apr. 17, 2014)

Back
Top Bottom