I-502 will fail in wa - here's why

David12

The Wa Legislature just adjourned and they did NOTHING about local obstructionism,so moratoriums and strict zoning laws regarding pot are going to stand. That will result in the illegal growers going right on being illegal because they cannot grow legally on their property even IF they get a license from the LCB
THAT will result in the failure of I-502's retail market
So guess what? MANY small illegal growers who THOUGHT they could go legit will now be BLAMED for I -502's failure instead and be cracked down on hard, using the LCB's public records to pin point their searches.Talk about a backfire!
So my strategy now is to go ahead and start a growing operation ---after getting a legit wholesale nursery license to explain the high power bill ---- if I get a pot growing license and just ignore the zoning laws until they catch me. They cannot jail me for doing so and the fine is $250 a day AFTER you are caught. My dream now is just to get back what I put into it and then some before I am forced to quit. I certainly can no longer view this as a long time thing and don't

Re: I-502 will fail in wa-- here's why

The way I read my county's zoning laws, you can start a Tier 3 pot growing business --or any other business for that matter-- pretty much any damned place you please as long as you are willing to pay the $250 a day fine in a timely manner-peanuts to a big operation

Re: I-502 will fail in wa-- here's why

Seriously, I 502 is null and void in Pierce and Clark counties.They could conceiveably pass local laws banning possession of any amount of pot, let alone manufacture or sale. There is no one to stop them.The Legislature does not meet again until January

The way I see it those strait laced, church going"Family Guy" Legislators are not too happy about a bunch of damned lazy pot smoking hippies going OVER their heads via a referendum to legalize pot.They most CERTAINLY would never have done so on their own
So now they have to pay LIP SERVICE to I 502 , saying disingenuously that they want it work oh so bad--when in reality they want to see what they consider an ill advised law to fail. Call it payback for going over their heads to begin with

find your local elected State official web sites and send them an email to remind them that,

if Colorado's legal weed program succeeds and Washington's fails, the WA Legislature will pay for it at the next election. this will happen because if one state can make the program work, there can be no excuse for failure elsewhere.

The Wa Legislature just adjourned and they did NOTHING about local obstructionism,so moratoriums and strict zoning laws regarding pot are going to stand. That will result in the illegal growers going right on being illegal because they cannot grow legally on their property even IF they get a license from the LCB
THAT will result in the failure of I-502's retail market
So guess what? MANY small illegal growers who THOUGHT they could go legit will now be BLAMED for I -502's failure instead and be cracked down on hard, using the LCB's public records to pin point their searches.Talk about a backfire!
So my strategy now is to go ahead and start a growing operation ---after getting a legit wholesale nursery license to explain the high power bill ---- if I get a pot growing license and just ignore the zoning laws until they catch me. They cannot jail me for doing so and the fine is $250 a day AFTER you are caught. My dream now is just to get back what I put into it and then some before I am forced to quit. I certainly can no longer view this as a long time thing and don't

So now that Washington state has been growing and selling recreational marijuana, after passing I-502 by the way, how is it going for you?

Back
Top Bottom