Repeal Prohibition in Canada - Parliamentary Petition e-18

Kingsnake235

Hey everyone; i'll be brief.

As we are all here in this place for the same reason, I thought it pertinent to share this recent development with other Canadians, and international neighbours alike.

With the promise of legalization in the air, 2 days ago, Sensible BC filed a petition with the government, sponsored by Elizabeth May, to immediately end prohibition; It is an official petition so you have to confirm your identity via email.

Parliament has to respond formally with only 500 signatures, there have been over 3200 signatures in 2 days so far, more than 10 in the time it took me to write this and they are shooting for 100,000.

Parliament of Canada Petition e-18

From the petition, emphasis mine :
Open for signature : February 10, 2016, at 3:03 p.m. (EDT)

Closed for signature : June 9, 2016, at 3:03 p.m. (EDT)

Whereas:

- Cannabis prohibition began with no scientific, medical or social justification, and was initiated as an effort to harass, punish and deport racial minorities;

- The prohibition of cannabis has caused many social and economic harms, criminalized millions of Canadians for no benefit, and financed organized crime;

- Cannabis has the potential to provide food, medicine, fibre, fuel and building materials; and

- Cannabis medicines are safe and effective for treating a wide variety of ailments, yet are not readily available to all who require them.

We, the undersigned, Citizens or residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to immediately:

1. Repeal the prohibition on possession and personal cultivation of cannabis;

2. Repeal Section 462.2 of the Criminal Code, which bans literature and harm reduction devices like waterpipes and vaporizers;

3. Permit patients or their designated grower to provide medical cannabis as recommended by a physician; and

4. End police raids against community medical cannabis dispensaries, and enable their municipal regulation, as per the position of the Union of BC Municipalities;

and within one year:

5. Allow farmers to harvest and sell the cannabinoid-rich resin from their plants, as per the recent resolution of the Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance;

6. Completely end the prohibition of cannabis, by removing it entirely from the CDSA (Controlled Drugs and Substances Act);

7. For those convicted for a cannabis offence under the CDSA, on a case-by-case basis: Grant a full pardon and amnesty for past offences, expunge criminal records and release all prisoners currently serving time; and

8. Permit Provinces, Territories and First Nations to decide how they want to tax, regulate and distribute cannabis as needed.

as you can see it's quite blunt, but if there was ever a time to try, this could be one..

Thanks for reading.

:reading420magazine:

Went to the link couldn't get past that point! :rofl: Government sites. To there defence they do post an email address infonet@parl.gc.ca.

if you are having issues with the first link so I went that way, I will see were it leads.....................................................To an email like expected hahaha. I did send an email to them, maybe I might here back.

Since i can't edit the post any more, here is an updated link to the next page where you enter your info!

FeedBack

Well I received this back.....

RE: e-18
Today at 1:20 pm

Hello,

Thank you for visiting the Parliament of Canada's website (parl.gc.ca).

We have received your e-mail and will provide you with a response shortly.

This is an automated message. Please do not reply.

Thank you,
Parliament of Canada, Web Support Team

==================================================

Bonjour,

Merci de visiter le site web du Parlement du Canada (parl.gc.ca).

Nous avons reçu votre courriel et vous fournirons une réponse sous peu.

Ceci est un message automatisé. S'il vous plait ne pas y répondre.

Merci,
Équipe de soutien web du Parlement du Canada

Back
Top Bottom