12/12 from seed

flyfishinrock

A while back I did some crosses with a burley double strawberry diesel male and a host of females. By far my favorite turned out to be some crosses with my purple passion female. I didnt do a journal but heres one I cut the other day.
11-28-09_018.jpg

11-28-09_023.jpg
damn its nice to be legal!! lol
oh yeah, this is 12/12 from seed. I really didnt expect it to work, so I didnt do a journal. lol
Heres a few that had to be transplanted tonight from 2 gallons to 5 gallon buckets. Theyre about 3......almost 4 weeks from their first "true" set of leaves.
11-28-09_022.jpg

11-28-09_021.jpg

11-28-09_020.jpg

11-28-09_019.jpg

11-28-09_017.jpg

Kind of fun to try. These plants, all from seed have never been under your typical vegatative growth. Only 12 light 12 dark. I will add a few more when they progress.

Thanks guys. The first one was 2 1/2 oz's dried; when I was vegging them befor (same seed stock) I was getting 2-3 oz's each. The big differance is not having 4 to 6 weeks worth of veg time slowing me down befor the ladies get transitioned into flower plus the week or two for flowers to start. As far as trying this with clones.....the results should dissapointing because this method (according to "sees") really needs seeds to work properly. Clones would probably turn out being little buds on a stick. Give it a try, you may be happy with the results.

Hey flyfishinrock, great grow and +Reps on the 12/12 try out! I've just read about Cees (I think that's how he spells it) last week and since I'm just germinating some NL #5 right now. I may or may not do it. I've not got the option of a perpetual indoor grow (called a wife) so that may be enough reason to NOT do it.

My question would be, what are you using for lights and what's the wattage you using?

I started right from germination, they have never seen veg growth. I actually had to harvest one early because it was about 6' tall from the top of the pot and was stealing way too much light and floor space from the rest, it had HUGE gaps between the nodes so it was an easy choice. Smokes great, but a little early none the less. I use a 1000 and a 400 in my grow room, both HPS; totalling 53 watts per sqare foot. Was/is a fun experiment and I gotta say again I am very surprised at their growth. If you've got the seed stock to work with it could be worth a try.

I started right from germination, they have never seen veg growth. I actually had to harvest one early because it was about 6' tall from the top of the pot and was stealing way too much light and floor space from the rest, it had HUGE gaps between the nodes so it was an easy choice. Smokes great, but a little early none the less. I use a 1000 and a 400 in my grow room, both HPS; totalling 53 watts per sqare foot. Was/is a fun experiment and I gotta say again I am very surprised at their growth. If you've got the seed stock to work with it could be worth a try.

Amazing job you did, I've got about fraction of the watts your using (100w MH/HPS and 8 - 26w CFLs) so I'm sure the production I'd get would be minimal and only good if it was a perpetual grow system going.

well i have harvested 1/2 of the plants, and the quality is as good as when doing a "normal" grow; the yield however on 25% of them was lower than i expected, averaging 1 1/4 oz. The others have better yields of 2 oz's + or - a little. Also I have noticed the plants arent really finishing quicker, 9 -10 week strain have been in flower for 13 weeks so far and another week or two to go on some (makes me wonder if its actually any quicker in the long run, or i dont have the right strain for this growing method). I will post pics when they are finished. To make a long story short, was worth the try but didnt get the results i was hoping for.

i got some flowering now so i started 2 a master kush and a fruit puch and got them on 12/12 with the ones flowering witch are white widows . so cant wait to see what happens ... i will keep you posted and soon will have some pics to show my progress . thanks for the info :bravo:

Back
Top Bottom