First grow

rickerred

photo_3437.JPG
photo_2530.JPG
photo_1602.JPG

New to growing MJ, but not new to plants. Worked on a vegetable farm from grade 6 to grade 12, so I have some back ground knowledge wrt plants. On the farm we never used artificial light, so that is new.

Here we go:
CK Early Miss Autoflower, 7 days out of soil. Showing second set of leaves, One popped missing a cotyledon, growing slower than the rest but not a big deal. Water every second / third day. Soil PH is 7.0, no run off to test as I am not giving enough water for runoff. PH of water used is 7.0 Plants will come out of transplant trays and go into pots late next week. Lighting is currently 18 - 6, Light is natural during the day, 4 x 13w x 5600 lumen and 4 x 23w x 4500 lumen at night. Once plants are put into pots light will be all natural. Temp during the day is outdoor temp, at night about the same fan blowing to strengthen plant will cool as well. (forgot to pick up thermometer will do today). Am going to experiment going to mainline one, top one with LST and try SCROG. Don't really care about yield, I don't use MJ but my brother does so I will give all to him. I do have a prescription for medical but don't use it as I am still serving in the Military. Will be retiring in Aug so I may try some then for PTSD and arthritis pain.

PS:
Went against the grain a bit added 15 ml water soluble 20-20-20 directly to soil of each.
Thanks for all the excellent reading.

thanks,
I put them into solo cups today, roots looked good. Cut holes in the bottom of the solo cups added about an inch of perlite and added more perlite to the soil. CK site says 7 weeks to flower is this accurate or does it depend on growing conditions?

The more light the better....

They are outside from 6 am till dusk and then in the shed under 4 x 23 watt (5200 K), 4 x 13 watt (5600 K) cfl and 4 x 32 watt (4100 K) flourscent lights till midnight. Then lights off till 6 am Lights are 2 - 3 inch from plant.

Hey there bruv,

Hope you and the girls are well and in as good health as you can be!

Sounds like your off to a good start over there dude, will be interested to see some more photos as they grow.
Fair play sorting your bro out like that, nothing like looking after family and sharing the good times.

Respect to you and all your brothers and sister in the army with you, hope your retirement brings you and your plants many happy harvests ;)

Triggz.
Peace Love and Respect.

7.5 my be considering the 7 week from start to finish but will not hurt them being generous with the space. Let me know how thing going if you don't mind. From one Vet to another, welcome to this forum and there are lots of us here!

photo684.JPG

Put in solo cups yesterday, replant was good no issues. Could have waited root ball was small. CK says 7 week till flower so that should be approx 20 Aug. I will replant into final pot around 10 aug or before if it becomes root bound. I picked up Neptune's Harvest for veg and will get some bloom nutes for flower.

photo_4342.JPG
photo_3440.JPG
photo_2533.JPG
cde1.JPG
abc_2_.JPG
abc_1_.JPG

the plant with two big leaves had a single stem growing from the center, so I cut it off. Looks like it will have two tops. I FIMed one, too soon maybe, we will see. Read on here that the autos don't like LST so I may change my plans a bit.
All are growing very well, on 16 Jul I gave em some organic neptune fish nutes and on 19 jul I gave all 50ml each of willow bark tea for root production.

I have never FIM'd this early but they look happy and healthy. My experience with autos is minimal since I prefer (and have the space) to grow out full size. I am jacked you are choosing to use natural fertilizers. That is my preference too. Your plants look great! This will be a great experience for you. How does it feel to be THIS close to retirement? I bet you are getting excited!

Well, I don't know about excited. Going to be weird not being in a hurry all the time. Civilian life will take some getting used to, but all will be good in time.

:thumb:CKS Early Miss takes about 7 plus weeks from the time it begins to flower. Early Miss begin to flower very soon after emerging, but from emerging to harvest EM will be more like 10-11 weeks(some autos take a couple more weeks) , though I must admit I have not really kept a log and am going from memory roughly. I usually grow 3 crops autos per year under the same light and have grown four, but it gets too hot in my grow space July and August and I am too cheap to use the ac in the hottest part of the summer in my grow space. The ruderalis in the breeding seems to make autos happier with cooler temps and I get good grows with room temps down as low as to 50 degrees at night. I try to keep the temps about 60-80 degrees. The autos are not so demanding about light cycles and I seem to get good results with 18 hours on the first few weeks and 15 hours till harvest. Someone suggested that, since they bloom auto, thinking the extra few hours during bloom might boost flower growth since the hormonal part is on automatic. It has worked for me! BTW , the 7.5 gallons pot is overkill for autos(it won't hurt anything but takes up space and materials). I use three gallon air pots, and don't see a need for anything larger than 5 gallon at the most. When I was growing photo plants I would use larger 15 and 20 gallon pots. The best advice to give any new soil grower is to not over water! Allow for good drainage and water well but only when the top inch or two of soil is pretty dry. Over watering kills more plants than under watering. Enjoy caring for your plants and they will later take care of you!:rollit:
thanks,
I put them into solo cups today, roots looked good. Cut holes in the bottom of the solo cups added about an inch of perlite and added more perlite to the soil. CK site says 7 weeks to flower is this accurate or does it depend on growing conditions?

I harvested these plants a couple months ago, I didn't get much from them but there were a lot of mistakes on my part.

Back
Top Bottom