DJ Shorts BB & GDP BayDream 600w SCROG 2x4'

yourmom

First time grower, but have been an organic veggie gardener for awhile.

I prepped a year for this by creating my own chicken poop compost from our organic food. It came out as black gold :).

Picked up two clones about 4in tall. Heavily trained (lst,fim, etc) for about 2 months. Utilizing the following Nutes for the grow: Fox Farms Grow, Big Bloom, Tiger, & molasses as according to bottle/FF schedule and my own feelings. Temp is consistent 76f+- and 68f night and 40-60RH (I run an inline AC for control).

I feel my mind processes the whole SCROG thing different than everything I read/see. I believe it to be used for full control and placement of each node versus just bending a plant down for an even canopy. I envision a city of skyscrapers and that was my goal alongside quality.

I used 1x1in netting within a 2x4 tent in 8gal pots. I aimed to train a "cola" in every couple inches. I only had two issues so far...

Not enough stretch (lol i kept my 600MH inches off the canopy and nothing ever stretched dang it). I was aiming for 12-16in of stretch above the screen, but got like 4-6 inches (I thought these strains are Sativa dominant?!?).

Second issue, I gave a real heavy molasses and water only feed week 5. The BB loved it, but the BD did not so much. My theory is iron toxicity caused nute lockout. I flushed with 5gallons of ph only water then fed a normal flower feed a day or two post flush, but with Calmag. The BD came back strong and real nice (seemed to be stunned for a few days/week). Besides the leaves that dried up it started to fatten up nicely again, green filled out again and has caught up to the BB. I hate the ugly leaves, but all the flower looks amazing now! (Did I mention I'm a perfectionist ;).

Currently on day 45 (last pics are of this day) Probably 90+% clear trichs with some cloudy (I'm finding some ambers randomly as well). I am looking to harvest around day 63-70 with an 80/20 milky/amber ratio....I'm not a fan of couch lock, but a dream within a dream feeling :) I am back building/budding (snipping the tip of colas) and have been doing it randomly starting week 5. I for sure notice a cola structure difference -- fatter more column like colas versus a tapering off to a point.

Enjoy the pictures. I wanted to share as I have not felt that I am seeing many journals for these strains. I'll answer any questions as well, share the love!

420-magazine-mobile766431398.jpg

420-magazine-mobile593733628.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1529458055.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1487264884.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1294423231.jpg

420-magazine-mobile825064976.jpg

Blueberry
420-magazine-mobile103908709.jpg

Bay Dream
420-magazine-mobile466676649.jpg

Back
Top Bottom