Let's See Some Buds Over 1 Year Old - How's The Smoke!

justabluez

Lets post some pictures of weed that over 1 year old, and report if its better or worse!! Just curious to hear if weed that is years old ages like wine and which strains benefit from age.

Here is some Pineapple Express that is over 1 year old. The smoke is much more smooth, and great for daytime. It also has a smooth comedown. It will keep you up all night though. Pineapple smell has faded a bit. Also a little less potent.
Storage: Vacuum sealed glass mason jars with boveda pack in plastic bin at room temperature:
pe_1year.jpg

Here is some Green Love Potion that is over 1 year old. Good for night time. It will definitely help you sleep like a baby. Still has some potency, but the smell has faded a bit. Smooth smoke. Definitely aged well.
Storage: Vacuum sealed glass mason jars with boveda pack in plastic bin at room temperature
glp_1year.jpg

Bud turned a bit brown, but much more smooth.

I did most of this in spring/summer of 2015. Stored in glass jars with Boveda 62% humidity packs. Smoke gets smoother the longer it sits, and sometimes the high kinda freaks me out, its so strong :rofl:

100_36233.JPG

nobodyuknow,

I know what you mean! My oldest jar of some bagseed is almost 3 years old! Still smells DANK! I will have to do a smoke report on it. Its old because it was "warm and fuzzy Couch-Lock" weed, and I'm more of a Sativa dude!

Also, I think the vacuum seal helps!

I'll have some in a few weeks but I can't say I'll be able to compare taste or potency to a year ago.

:cheesygrinsmiley: I got one! :laugh:

DSCN79482.JPG

DSCN79512.JPG

:slide:

That's some Super Lemon Haze that I harvested March 6, 2014. :slide: The tart lemon taste has gone to over-ripe lemon. And this smoke will mess you right up! :lot-o-toke:

I've found that it's typical for aged weed - whatever aroma was there loses its brightness, its sharpness. For some strains, that's a loss, but for many of the fruity ones, it's almost an improvement. I still like fresh herb best - like barely dry herb :cheesygrinsmiley: - but the aged stuff is much smoother - so much so that it'll surprise you. You don't really feel like you've gotten much of a punch until you give it a moment, and for me that's usually after I've reloaded the pipe and finished that, too. THEN it starts - aged pot creeps. :laugh: And the aroma can be amazing. Some strains will truly age like wine. I have a jar of Jamaican Dream that I harvested September 2, 2013 and it's fabulous! Originally, it had a nice fruity aroma, but now it's even thicker. Unlike a lot of strains, when I crack this jar I get a full blast of soft sweet fruit.

I'll get some more pics for y'all in a few days. I have a couple dozen strains that old in jars. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The terpenes can be a bit delicate - stronger flavors age better - but I haven't noticed any loss of potency in mine. I tried some Panama a few months ago, and it blew me away. It was stronger than it was when it was fresh. :thedoubletake:

How about some Colombian from 1978

Columbo_multi_color_78.jpg

Hey there HH... that seed is worth something... soak it in aloe water and pure coconut water for 1/2 hour and try and sprout it. They used to call lots of weed back in the day "Columbian"... not like today were we have to make up a bunch of crazy names.

Ok wait... how the hell were you able to keep some bud that long? I mean I've saved seeds but man at some point specially back then, there would be a drought and we would smoke almost anything... find a buddy holding out and wow.. going to smoke that right up in a hurry... just sayin.

oh man i love this thread already, just as much as the other good pic threads. totally awesome to see how it ages over long term. makes we want to save some time-capsule style lol

Lets try to keep it going!! I'm also interested in what happens as the bud ages.

Here is some Blue Dream that I harvested January 2015. The blueberry smell is still there, but it is not as loud. The weed won't stink up the whole room like it used to. It is still sticky and not dry (thanks boveda). The smoke has gotten smoother, and is still quite potent, but I can tell the potency has diminished a bit. Oh well, just have another puff or 2,3,4! It is very clear and relaxing at the same time. I prefer the blue dream at night. Never tried it for Wake-N-Bake !

bd_almost_2_years_old.jpg

I also have some bagseed that is almost 3 years old. It was definitely an indica, and it will make you sleep like a baby. The next day you will wake up feeling refreshed. Definitely feels like a medicine.

Hey there HH... that seed is worth something... soak it in aloe water and pure coconut water for 1/2 hour and try and sprout it. They used to call lots of weed back in the day "Columbian"... not like today were we have to make up a bunch of crazy names.

Ok wait... how the hell were you able to keep some bud that long? I mean I've saved seeds but man at some point specially back then, there would be a drought and we would smoke almost anything... find a buddy holding out and wow.. going to smoke that right up in a hurry... just sayin.

That aloe and coconut thing is about all I haven't tried yet. I have exhausted a lot of my 35 yr old seeds trying different methods.

I quit smoking around 1982 for work and gave all my weed stuff to a friend. Seeds, early Ed Rosenthal grow book, pipes etc.
I visited him 3 or 4 years ago to trade some home grown bud and he said "look what's been in the attic for 30 years"
there were small envelopes with seeds of Col Gold, Thai, Kono Gold, Maui Wowee, a huge ziploc of Oaxaccan, and that bag of Col Red which still had some in it.

Back
Top Bottom