First grow

ScaredStupid

Hi all,

I just wanted to post some pics of my first efforts. Being a new grower I welcome and would appreciate constructive criticism.

This is an example of some Afghani I started early June. I didn't know what to expect but I did not think the Afghani would flower so soon.
Healthy_Af1.jpg
Healthy_Af3.jpg
Healthy_Af2.jpg

All the Afghani did quite well despite dry weather and once per week watering. 2 males pulled and 11 females.

Not sure what happened here. It looks to me like like rot/fungus got into the buds. Just one branch on one plant affected so I lopped it off and I'll keep a close eye for more in the coming weeks.
Sick_Af2.jpg
Sick_Af1.jpg

Here's one example of the second crop of Early Miss. Despite all my mistakes, the first crop it went ok. This strain deserves the title "stupid proof".
Early_Miss4.jpg

I also grew/am growing some New York City Diesel which is camera shy (I forgot).

I unsuccessfully tried Haze Extreme. The local elk simply had to have these.:yummy:

Cheers!

S. Stupid

might be bugs, looks like a web on top, in the 3rd pic.

Thanks for the comment! That's actually dandelion fluff. There's a ton of it floating around and it likes to stick to the buds. In the next week or so I'll update with more (hopfully better) pics.

look good, my first grow was early miss. I made a lot of mistakes with it but still got 30g out of 4 plants.

I'll definitely be doing much more EM next year. I hope CKS can keep this stocked. I also found this strain to be quite effective for muscle pain relief and lets me relax in comfort after a hard day.

Mate. No criticism nesecery. You wanted to grow bud and you have. Thats all you can ask for on your first run. My first run had great buds. I think its due to the stress i gave it. A bit of the right stress can be great.

Mate. No criticism nesecery. You wanted to grow bud and you have. Thats all you can ask for on your first run. My first run had great buds. I think its due to the stress i gave it. A bit of the right stress can be great.

Thanks! Very good point. I already have more than enough bud to last me and close family a year+ so I'm thrilled and thankful with what I have. I think you're spot on about a bit of stress enhancing the bud; a few of my plants that barely survived the vegetative phase ended up flowering like crazy.

might be bugs, looks like a web on top, in the 3rd pic.

It turns out this was indeed bud rot or grey mold affecting the Afghan. Considering removal of rotting vegetation in the vicinity or controlling humidity is not an option for me, I will be experimenting with preventative measures. So far hitting the rest with garden sulfur seems to have prevented more from showing up. I will also be trying out Serenade, which has bacillus subtilis as the active ingredient, as I find the idea of using a symbiotic bacteria to deal with the problem preferable over sulfur on something I plan on smoking. I'll update this thread with how well this works.

Back
Top Bottom