New Grower

ellsere

Hi there first time grower. I have started two clones given to me, they are just 4 weeks. They are in a grow tent 60cm/140cm with a 250 watt ballast. I have been giving them biobizz grow daily and formulex a couple of times as the leaves were yellowing. I transplanted into larger pots with bat shit soil. A couple of leaves have dropped off is this normal also should I continue feeding them if the soil has nutrients already ? Please you guys any help you can give me would be great !

Seedlings don't need any nutrients at all for several weeks. Since your soil has nute's in it, I wouldn't have fed them before, and I wouldn't feed them now. Usually, the only leaves that might drop off this early, are the cotyledons. Daily watering or feeding is a mistake at any point in a grow, IMO. Water well. Let dry out. Repeat.

Thanks Major PITA I have uploaded pics but are waiting to be uploaded! Would love some advice on how they look as well. I will stop adding nutrients and water well, hopefully I will post pics soon. Thanks again for your quick reply

IMG_2765-1.JPG
IMG_2764-1.JPG

Hey Major PTA can I be a bit cheeky and ask do you think my lights are strong enough ? They are 250w HPS

As long as you can control the environment, more light is always better. But, if you are growing two plants (?), then a 250 should be OK for ya. I'll go back to that old 50 watts per square foot rule. 250/5=5 square feet. Two plants is about right for that amount of space, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom