Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12/12 from seed

12/12 from seed

A while back I did some crosses with a burley double strawberry diesel male and a host of females. By far my favorite turned out to be some crosses with my purple passion female. I didnt do a journal but heres one I cut the other day.
    damn its nice to be legal!! lol
    oh yeah, this is 12/12 from seed. I really didnt expect it to work, so I didnt do a journal. lol
    Heres a few that had to be transplanted tonight from 2 gallons to 5 gallon buckets. Theyre about 3......almost 4 weeks from their first "true" set of leaves.

Kind of fun to try. These plants, all from seed have never been under your typical vegatative growth. Only 12 light 12 dark. I will add a few more when they progress.

420 Member

Re: 12/12 from seed

Glad you're doing this as i've been thinking of trying it myself with some clones and seed. I will give it a try after seeing your results.

420 Member

nice looking plants dude, how much did you end up getting off that first one?

Thanks guys. The first one was 2 1/2 oz's dried; when I was vegging them befor (same seed stock) I was getting 2-3 oz's each. The big differance is not having 4 to 6 weeks worth of veg time slowing me down befor the ladies get transitioned into flower plus the week or two for flowers to start. As far as trying this with clones.....the results should dissapointing because this method (according to "sees") really needs seeds to work properly. Clones would probably turn out being little buds on a stick. Give it a try, you may be happy with the results.

Heres a few pics of the plants about a month later. I started the flush a week or two early i think, but I am pleased with their overall progress.

Plant and Member of the Month (Jan 11') Woodsman's Avatar

Hey flyfishinrock, great grow and +Reps on the 12/12 try out! I've just read about Cees (I think that's how he spells it) last week and since I'm just germinating some NL #5 right now. I may or may not do it. I've not got the option of a perpetual indoor grow (called a wife) so that may be enough reason to NOT do it.

My question would be, what are you using for lights and what's the wattage you using?

Forgot this question: Did you start the 12/12 right from germination or did you reduce light after at a certain point? If so at what point? I think this is the ideal way to go if the plan is doing a perpetual grow.

I started right from germination, they have never seen veg growth. I actually had to harvest one early because it was about 6' tall from the top of the pot and was stealing way too much light and floor space from the rest, it had HUGE gaps between the nodes so it was an easy choice. Smokes great, but a little early none the less. I use a 1000 and a 400 in my grow room, both HPS; totalling 53 watts per sqare foot. Was/is a fun experiment and I gotta say again I am very surprised at their growth. If you've got the seed stock to work with it could be worth a try.

On Vacation

its beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishinrock View Post
    I started right from germination, they have never seen veg growth. I actually had to harvest one early because it was about 6' tall from the top of the pot and was stealing way too much light and floor space from the rest, it had HUGE gaps between the nodes so it was an easy choice. Smokes great, but a little early none the less. I use a 1000 and a 400 in my grow room, both HPS; totalling 53 watts per sqare foot. Was/is a fun experiment and I gotta say again I am very surprised at their growth. If you've got the seed stock to work with it could be worth a try.
    Amazing job you did, I've got about fraction of the watts your using (100w MH/HPS and 8 - 26w CFLs) so I'm sure the production I'd get would be minimal and only good if it was a perpetual grow system going.

420 Member

Cool.

How does the potency compare to similar weed grown from seed in the traditional veg/flower lighting regimen?

I havent harvested yet, but the early one is pretty damn good.

420 Member

Dammmmm great results and less electricity used, I should have considered this your results look great

420 Member

Quote Originally Posted by flyfishinrock View Post
    I havent harvested yet, but the early one is pretty damn good.
    Thanks for the answer Fly. That's been the one "if" in my mind about the whole 12/12 from seed system. Getting an answer has been as tough as pulling hen's teeth. Thanks again.

well i have harvested 1/2 of the plants, and the quality is as good as when doing a "normal" grow; the yield however on 25% of them was lower than i expected, averaging 1 1/4 oz. The others have better yields of 2 oz's + or - a little. Also I have noticed the plants arent really finishing quicker, 9 -10 week strain have been in flower for 13 weeks so far and another week or two to go on some (makes me wonder if its actually any quicker in the long run, or i dont have the right strain for this growing method). I will post pics when they are finished. To make a long story short, was worth the try but didnt get the results i was hoping for.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast