Second Generation Bagseed

OldSkoool

Thanks to self pollinating herself, this remarkably good bag seed lady produced 7 seeds I was able to find on my last grow. She had a strong pungent, sweet spicy aroma, the likes I'd never experienced. The med effect was typical sativa, a heady, laugh-your-ass-off, take a walk in the woods high.

plantEOW15-12-02-09B.JPG

buds11-20-09A.JPG

I didn't give the seeds much chance of germinating, light in color, and kinda on the small size. But surprisingly four seeds germinated, two turning out female.

Plant 1 has turned out to be a spit'n image of her mom, heavy fat christmas tree shaped buds.

2G15_-_PLNT01_-_FLWR08_-_100110A.JPG

2G15_-_PLNT01_-_FLWR08_-_100110B.JPG

Plant 2 developed more spear like colas, the buds not as dense, but still very tasty.

2G16_-_PLNT02_-_101010LASTWATERA.JPG

2G16_-_PLNT02_-_101010LASTWATERB.JPG

Both plants had their last flush, and will be coming down Friday night....and both have the same sweet spicy rank scent their mother had:)

Took plant#2 down on the 15th. Quick sampling was very impressive, kept her in flower two weeks longer than the host plant for a more couch lock high. Plant#1 comes down tomorrow.

harvest10-15-10B.JPG

harvest10-15-10D.JPG

harvest10-15-10H.JPG

Haven't a clue ilikebike. I have a small E scale a friend left me, it's ok for weighing buds, and I did go through the labor intensive job of weighing individual buds on the host plant just for grins (2.93oz) last season to satisfy my curious self, but doubt if I'll do the same this time. But I'd say the yield will not be as much on this plant, but plant #1 could match the host weight.

I know we all brag about the fruits of our labor, but waiting an additional two weeks of flower time on this grow confirmed my suspicions that I took the host plant waaaaay too early.

Yesterday I cut up a few of the smaller, peanut size buds that had dried sufficiently enough to sample, and threw 'em in a small sealed jar for shits and giggles. Last night I opened the jar, and was greeted with the most amazing scent. Similar to the sweet, somewhat spicy pungent odor of the momma plant, but also a slight skunky aroma.

My wife only smokes occasionally, like when watchng Bill Mahre, or Two & Half men so I figured she'd make a great test case. Two hits, and my wonderful better half was medicated to the gills, silly shit eating grin glued to her face all night long, joined by yours truly in similar shape. Hands down, this is my best crop to date.

I haven't a clue what the heritage of this plant is, but I sure hope I find more self pollinated seeds. I can't wait to sample the tops once their cured properly.

Plant #1 came down last night, my buddy chopped her down, and we'll be manicuring today. I'll add those pics later for a comparison.

ilikebike, yup, I've been an indoor, single plant grower for personal use for four years, taking advantage of two of the best products to roll down the pike since sliced bread.............CFL lights, and 429 Magazine. With the knowledge I've learned from friends I've made on this great site, combined with these wonderful little lights, I've been able to grow quality herb for myself, and the opportunity to share with friends.

It's a total WAG, but I'd say plant#2 produced 2oz+, but plant#1 might hit 3oz.

The branches were dry enough to snap yesterday, so these little babies are now doing their curing thing, the last journey before hitting my pipe:slide:

Best news so far is we found 3 seeds!

harvest_210-15-10J.JPG

Many thanks to each of you, glad you all stopped by..

OMM, I just shoved all the crap outa the picture:) If I would have had 5 beautiful plants like yourself, I wouldn't have been able to wade through it all.

Great plants OldSkoool! I'm planning on growing with CFLs for personal use myself and I was wondering if 6 of the 42w bulbs would be enough to flower a plant to a decent size. Also, were those plants a product of topping as well as lst?

Many thanks to each of you, glad you all stopped by..

OMM, I just shoved all the crap outa the picture:) If I would have had 5 beautiful plants like yourself, I wouldn't have been able to wade through it all.

Well, situations change ol Buddy Ya never know! :):)

It's nice having you active again! :hug::hug::hug:

Great plants OldSkoool! I'm planning on growing with CFLs for personal use myself and I was wondering if 6 of the 42w bulbs would be enough to flower a plant to a decent size. Also, were those plants a product of topping as well as lst?

Hey, Man! Good to see you after so long! Still catching big ones? :surf:

AmGrowR - Using six 42W CFL's would work okay. My original light canopy was a cardboard box using only four 42W CFL's, and was used for my first indoor grow four years ago, producing a very respectable plant......I'm using eight currently 'cause there's room, and as the old saying goes, one can never have too much light. No topping, it would only create a more crowded environment, reducing light penetration, and add to LST maintenance.

Geeze! Is that normal? You got more from just one plant that I got (am getting) from my 4. Well, one of mine is yet-to-be-determined. It looks bushy with abundant little buds. Being new to this, I'm not sure what will come. But that's a topic for a different forum. These are indeed gorgeous! You say you did this indoor... Very impressive! I might have to reconsider the indoor option. Thanks for posting these pictures!

Geeze! Is that normal? You got more from just one plant that I got (am getting) from my 4. Well, one of mine is yet-to-be-determined. It looks bushy with abundant little buds. Being new to this, I'm not sure what will come. But that's a topic for a different forum. These are indeed gorgeous! You say you did this indoor... Very impressive! I might have to reconsider the indoor option. Thanks for posting these pictures!

There are so many variables that determine what can be produced indoors, or outside. Light being the most critical. Spend some time reviewing the successful methods used by the contributor's here on 420, and use the FAQ section if you can't find answers to questions you may have.

Good Luck!

I finally weighed all the bud from plant#2, actually shocked, weighed it again. Impressed. 3.4oz. Tops alone were 1.93oz. We've jarred the buds from plant#1, and will give them a few days before weighing.

Back
Top Bottom