Heavyweight Fast & Vast Autoflower CFL Grow

nobodyuknow

I started this back on 1/14. Started with a seed direct into a Rapid Rooter.

Strain: Heavyweight Fast & Vast Autoflower Feminized, Indica 80%, Sativa 20%

Indoor grow in a closet, with 1200 watt equivalent CFL home made hood, mixed 6500K daylight with 2700K soft white, half & half.

Temps 70 -80 degrees, usually the higher end in the daytime, humidity between 30 - 40% with a pan of water in the closet. Small fan at this point but getting a bigger one soon.

OK heres my question, does this plant look like its growing well to you? This is my first ever plant to grow and I've been reading here so much, and theres so much to learn and read, I hope I'm doing well. At first the plant grew really slow, then one day it just took off like a rocket, and now everyday it seems to just grow more when I look at it. It's sucking up water like mad. Seems like it does good when I leave the closet door open about 6 or more inches, so most the day I just leave it wide open to get all the air it wants and I love the smell too LOL

It seems to be blooming now. Should I go ahead and start putting some nutes on for blooming? Or just keep with the regular for now? I want it to get taller, its about 14 inches tall now, but I'd like to get it twice that, so I moved the light up just a bit to make it stretch just a tad.

100_11965.JPG

100_11974.JPG

Looking real nice. I would do half strength bloom and full after that. You are already budding. Happy Growing

I cut her down and chopped her up, hung her up to dry and now shes curing. Seems to of turned out really well and is very potent which shocks me because shes homegrown. I never thought I could do that, but turned out really well for my first time. I finished her up with my new LED light, but about 85% of the grow was with the CFL's. I've got 2 big jars now of bud thats curing. I had 3 but of course it shrank as time went on. These pictures are before I did some manicuring on the buds. My hands got so sticky that I couldnt use the camera anymore. Next time I will definately use some gloves! :laughtwo: I think I might of cut her down a week too early, but this is how we learn to grow better :hookah:

100_12627.JPG

100_126312.JPG

100_126411.JPG

100_126613.JPG

100_126715.JPG

100_126812.JPG

So this is what I ended up getting out of my plant in the end. I think I'm a tad bit still into the curing stage, theres still a bit of moisture left but not a lot. Yes those are silica gels taped to the top of the lid. I saw the idea in another thread. I got the ones for food off E-B and only a couple of dollars for a bag of 100. They work good because I always forget to burp the jars and bowls. It smokes really nice, but holy cow it's so strong! I take one really huge hit and I'm baked forever. Seems like the longer it sits and dries and cures, the stronger it gets. I took some to a party over the weekend and everyone was so hammered it was hilarious, I couldnt stop laughing! :loopy: You'd think they took hits of acid or something they way they acted (40ish group). I'm not that great at trimming as you can see, but my God this plant was so sticky I had it all over me, the table, and everything I came in contact with. My next one I'll do better I'm sure, since I know what to expect. I didnt think I would get this much out of one plant, but I'm glad I did!
:cheer:

I got my seeds from Herbies, and used the TopLED Grow Light 400W in case anyone wants to know.

100_13006.JPG

100_129910.JPG

100_13018.JPG

100_13028.JPG

Oh by the way, I only had 2 jars, so I used 2 rubbermaid bowls. They seemed to work fine, but I'll have more jars next time around when I drink all the moonshine I have left LOL

:biglaugh:

Well done, wanting to try this strain myself.
was your post on 04-03-2014, 08:34 PM the harvest date ?
If so, it looks like it took (about) 70 days start to finish?
If those are quart jars, i would guess the dry wieght to be about 70gram?
Thanks again for sharing, your experience appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom