3 day old clones

Weeddeer

Hey guys this is my first attempt at cloning and I have questions about caring for my ladies. First my babies have been in the current set up(discreet speaker grow box) for 3 days now with the res water at 81 degrees and bubbled with a tiny tiny tiny bit of nutes. The ph is 6.8 and the air temp remains about 87. Humidity is a struggle to keep so I must them a couple times a day with h20 but the plants don't look wilted although the tips of the lower fan leaves look like they're brownish green with a little yellow behind it(drying out?). I was just wondering if this is normal as I've read they draw nutrients from the leaves to form roots. Also some of the fan leaf stems are purple along with some striping in the main stem. Is this genetics or to cold? No red or rusty purple The lights are each 120v cfl so I think they are warm enough. Please let me know if anyone picked out any obvious errors in my set up or room for improvement in care (sure there's lots) I'd post pic but I don't know how
Thanks,
A curious new grower

for hydro ? PH seems a little high I run mine at 5.8 anything over 6 seem to get a lock out. For clones I cut my leaves in half leave the lights on for 24/0 till I see root development start. humidity shouldn't be too hard just put a cup of water in there with them that should help pick it up some misting is good I always mist mine 3 to 4 times a day. Good luck

Thanks for the tips. I've trimmed my leaves and they look like they've perked up. I've adjusted the ph and assuming conditions are correct for them roughly how long would you think it will it take from today (day 3) to see root development? If conditions are bad how long would they last before they die or start to show signs of stress/health probs?

No I used a powder. unfortunately that's all I had access to when I took the cuttings. They seem to be In good condition still so I figure something going on down there. I've increased humidity by covering the plants with a transparent bag and that has seemed to help so far along with adding a little cup if water in with them humidity gauge reads between 83-98% since the bag. What would be some symptoms that appear on the plant indicating it's not taking or becoming ill and or dying off

Back
Top Bottom