See my White Widow at 10 weeks flower

Clancy

My 2 White Widows are almost ready to harvest. I thought I'd share a bit:
20150705_215025.jpg

The plants are holy cow stinky and as sticky as can be too. I don't have a camera that can take pics of the trichomes but at 10 weeks they are about 75% cloudy/25% clear. No amber at all still. I'll wait a bit longer but not more than another week. Some plants don't go amber at all.

WW20150705_214817.jpg

I ran out of dried stuff so the last few nights I've been smoking some buds I quick dried a couple of days. It is an excellent high. I'm used to doing 2 vape bowls per night but last night the first time I stood up to go to bed I couldn't even stand....lol...when I trundled down the hallway to be I was almost staggering as if I'd been drinking. This stuff is narcotic as hell.
20150705_215031.jpg

Sorry for the sideways pics.I don't know how much I'll get dry weight from the 2 plants but I'm guess at least a total of 3 ounces. I'll more than happy with that on my 2nd grow.

Grew them under a 400w. Temps inside my box were always pushing 95- 100 degrees F. Humidity was high. I never checked ph of the water or the soil. I always use basic potting soil such as Schultz. One 1 tiny shot of Miracle Grow for tomatoes the day I switched to 12/12 so 10 weeks ago. No fertilizers other than that one time. I defoliate quite a bit during flower.

I also left the 2 plants alone for one month on a automatic watering timer. I was afraid of a flood so I only set the timer for every 6 days. Have to say, when I came back after the month they were looking sad but the sadness doesn't seem to have affected quality or even the yield too much. If I'd been around to baby them more I might have yielded a lot more.

I want to give some credit to CropKing Seeds...great delivery service and the strain delivers as promised. I have no idea where all the white is though...yeah they are kinda frosty but nothing special to look at. Touch them and you gonna stick to the plant tho'. lol.

They look awesome! :thumb:

Thanks ffsalaska: I just cut down the biggest WW last night. It was late so I just hung the whole plant upside down. I'm going to post the dry weight when it's ready.

Nice White Widows! A couple of years ago, I've received a fully grown WW from another grower using CropKingSeeds, a most excellent plant, HIGH quality stuff! Highly recommended seed bank IMO. The second grow cycle was her most successful with this strain, producing impressive results. The plants did frost up like snow during flower from weeks 6 through 11, as iced as I've ever seen (fairly long Flower period, but so worth it). Maybe the sadness reduced the snow effects a little on yours? Stinky and sticky most assuredly, as much if not more than anything I've ever experienced.

Congrats, nice job. Have you decided to do a full harvest yet?

JB

You are way too humble, Clancy! Those are some beautiful widows. I am growing WW too, and this is my second harvest using clones from the first harvest. I will try to post some of my grow. Hope I succeed. lol

Thanks JB, Flowergirl, aussie, yoeel, CropKing, and everyone else for the nice comments and encouragement :)

I harvested and dried my 2 white widows. I got just over 3 ounces total of good quality plus about half an ounce of sugar leaves and trim. Happy me, LOL. Now I'm waiting for my 2 Early Miss autos to finish.

Great looking plants. I am about one or two weeks away from harvesting 7 white widows in a 4x4 grow tent with 600 HPS & two 150W HPS'. I had a heat problem too and got a 5000 BTU a/c. I'm going to have my whole garage done (where my plants are) for my 2nd grow. Also, have 7 cheese's and 5 northern lights extra. Will update harvest weights, drying and curing process.

Damn nice for 400w and minimal tending. Man I have WW from crop king, was going to be my first grow but I had to try sativas. I plan to scrog WW in a 4 x 4 tent next. Is it strong skunk smell?? I read they can smell as much as AK-47.

wow, sounds like a good sized grow. Your wh widows must be stinking up the joint in that hit. lol. looking fwd to pics.

Hi Six, well I never smelled AK but I can tell you the wh widows are majorly skunky. My plants were in an outbuilding but even if i just went to see them, not even touch them, my family would notice the smell right away. But once it's dry it's not as bad. I would say a great plant for a beginner because it can accept abuse and keeps coming back.

However if stealth is required you have to be sure you're plants are well away from other people. The smell even wafted through the air a lot as I was vented outside. If you can handle the odour and want to be stone-locked on your couch then Cropking wh widows are Grrreat!

Thanks for the info on the smell.. advised! I'll be using a 4x4 tent with 6" duct fan going straight up chimney but will def be using a carbon filter.. I've gotten away without one but my sativas (which are supposed to smell like citrus) are starting to smell. Looking forward to WW next, my CropKing seeds are dark and perfect looking looking, got an extra one too. :)

Hi Jaerock, I checked out your journal too, nice looking plants that look like they'll be rewarding you with some good buds before long!

Thanks for your thumbs up on my wh widows. They were fun to grow and I feel rewarded for sure. Best of luck with your crop! I'll keep following your journal for sure.

Back
Top Bottom