Male flowers, smokable?

AmGrowR

I don't remember exactly what he said, but Medical Marijuana claimed you can dry the male flowers, smoke them, and actually get a buzz. I have a male plant and it would be nice to test it out. Now if this is true, what I would like to know is: How long before it is matured and smokable? Pollen removal steps. I guess any info is helpful since I have pretty much nothing. thnx

I've smoked male flowers and pollen before. This plant showed so much promise but revealed his manhood at about 5' tall (outdoors). I just gathered the flowers, let them dry (didn't take long) and smoked them like you would bud. No danger, no issues. This was a few decades ago, but I remember it well, and I'm pretty sure I felt the affects. Just the fact that I was smoking male flowers should tell you how little good stuff I had that summer. Nevertheless, the flowers mature fast. They had just started to open and release pollen when I got to them. They're very light and fluffy...will be interesting to see what you think.:peace:

I've smoked male flowers and pollen before. This plant showed so much promise but revealed his manhood at about 5' tall (outdoors). I just gathered the flowers, let them dry (didn't take long) and smoked them like you would bud. No danger, no issues. This was a few decades ago, but I remember it well, and I'm pretty sure I felt the affects. Just the fact that I was smoking male flowers should tell you how little good stuff I had that summer. Nevertheless, the flowers mature fast. They had just started to open and release pollen when I got to them. They're very light and fluffy...will be interesting to see what you think.:peace:

Thank you very much FreakNature! It's just that this is the first plant I've ever grown and I'd like to get a little more than just experience out of it. I just might give it a shot when the flowers start opening. :thanks:

This is him at day 28 flowering. He smells very skunky.

day282.jpg

The top 1/4 of the plant,flowers and leaf are usually pretty good. In fact when a male enters the flowering stage,it's usually producing as much or more THC than the preflowering females in the garden.

I used to to chop 'em then take that top 1/4 of the plants to get me through to harvest.

The local outdoor trim has flooded the market in the past month. (It's dirt cheap and has a nice high so why not smoke it?) There are always male flowers amongst the leaf. Nothing like giving your local pot snob a couple-three big bong hits of male flowers and watching him drool on the couch.

The top 1/4 of the plant,flowers and leaf are usually pretty good. In fact when a male enters the flowering stage,it's usually producing as much or more THC than the preflowering females in the garden.

I used to to chop 'em then take that top 1/4 of the plants to get me through to harvest.

The local outdoor trim has flooded the market in the past month. (It's dirt cheap and has a nice high so why not smoke it?) There are always male flowers amongst the leaf. Nothing like giving your local pot snob a couple-three big bong hits of male flowers and watching him drool on the couch.

Thank you Firestone. Now should I wait until the flowers start to open or is it fine just the way it is?

Cut it now before most of them open for maximum potency. THC falls off fairly rapidly in the male after it drops all it's pollen.

Ed Rosenthal used to have a chart and article in his Marijuana Growers Guide that showed relative THC levels between male and female plants in the pre-flowering,early flowering,and flowering stages.

I don't know if the thing is still in print? My copy was swiped by some slob years ago.

Cut it now before most of them open for maximum potency. THC falls off fairly rapidly in the male after it drops all it's pollen.

Ed Rosenthal used to have a chart and article in his Marijuana Growers Guide that showed relative THC levels between male and female plants in the pre-flowering,early flowering,and flowering stages.

I don't know if the thing is still in print? My copy was swiped by some slob years ago.

Thank you again Firestone! He's going to get the cut tonight. I'll put up a little smoke report on this thread in the next couple of days for anyone else who is curious. Thanks again everyone who has helped. :thanks:

...Ok well this was an interresting post. I have a hermie that just started to drop pollen tonight. I looking up things to do with it now. i cut 6 out the pollen sacks off and rolled it up with some green and well eh' didn't hurt much :rollit:
Cooking with it sounds cool. like making butter sounds cool. but i think i'll look up pollen hash oil.
reps for the tread AmG ;)

I don't remember exactly what he said, but Medical Marijuana claimed you can dry the male flowers, smoke them, and actually get a buzz. I have a male plant and it would be nice to test it out. Now if this is true, what I would like to know is: How long before it is matured and smokable? Pollen removal steps. I guess any info is helpful since I have pretty much nothing. thnx
There are no such things as male flowers..there are female flowers and male pollen sacs..not the same ar all..flowers are the only ones that produce trichromes with substantial THC-A..once you heat (burn or carboxilize) THC-A..it becomes THC and that's the stuff that makes you high..while there is some THC-A in male cannabis..it is very low in quantity..its the resins from trichromes in female flowers that produces the highest amounts..pollen won't get you high..but it might give you allergic reactions like sneezing or gasping for breath...

Back
Top Bottom