Best light for sprouting seeds

SirGrowAlot

What is the best light to use for trying to get seeds to sprout after they have been germinated? I have read that daylight CFL's are better. But i figured that a MH would do better ( of course it would have to be set higher up).

What is the best light to use for trying to get seeds to sprout after they have been germinated? I have read that daylight CFL's are better. But i figured that a MH would do better ( of course it would have to be set higher up).

well i would go with the cfl but get a 6500k cfl if your not looking to change your light whilst in veg just get like 250w cfl be fine for a few plants just depends on how big of a scale your thinking on setting up

I would certianly have to agree with ol sausage200723 on this one :thumb:

I have used a 125w 6400 k CFL for the last 6 months for seedling, clones and vegging plants up to 10 weeks all under the same bulb in a 2 foot by 2 foot square area thats about 4 foot squared, with perfectly decent out come & healthy looking plants.

Please bear in mind i use a horticultarul grade CFL, E40 bayonet fitting in a suitable reflector than some domestic junk.

Day light CFLs are 5000k which peak in the yellow & green spectrum which plants use very little off ! but yet still produce a minor amount of red & blue spectrum, yes they can work as a substitute but better/ more optimal results can be achieved with correct spectrum bulbs.

I just usually place em in moist paper toweling and wet every now n then, sat it in the window n it germinated in 24/48 hrs.. But a cfl will do the same in bout the same time..Goodluk and Happy Harvesting;)

Back
Top Bottom