ACDC Strain

DravetDad

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to grow MMJ for my son who has a very severe form of epilepsy known as Dravet Syndrome. If you saw the recent CNN Documentary Weed, it is the same condition as the little girl featured. So, I'm looking to grow a high CBD and low THC strain since my son is just about to turn 5 and I have no interest in getting him high. We ran a test run with a high CBD low THC strain from a dispensary and it worked for my son when no other medication has.

I have access to ACDC clones and that is probably what we will grow, but none of the strain info sites have information on the strain. Best growing conditions, veg and flowering timelines, growing characteristics, special considerations, etc. If any of you have experience with this strain and can fill in some of the blanks for me I'd really appreciate it.

Best,
DravetDad

So, I'm looking to grow a high CBD and low THC strain since my son is just about to turn 5 and I have no interest in getting him high.

You might want to check out this thread - Juicing Cannabis. They talk a little about types of strains that would meet your requirements, but what I found interesting was how fresh cannabis is used and the benefits it can have in a non-cured form, without any of the psychotropic effects. It also seems to be a much easier way of dosing without having to cure your harvest and then convert it to oil.

You might want to check out this thread - Juicing Cannabis. They talk a little about types of strains that would meet your requirements, but what I found interesting was how fresh cannabis is used and the benefits it can have in a non-cured form, without any of the psychotropic effects. It also seems to be a much easier way of dosing without having to cure your harvest and then convert it to oil.

Thanks Colorado! I'm doing endless reading, so the more information he better.

For us juicing would be a challenge. My son is severely developmentally delayed, at five he is operating on about a 2 year old level. The nice thing about the oil is that he is used to taking medicine and just swallows it. It is hit or miss if I could get him to drink the juice, even if I tried to hide it in something like chocolate milk. Would be a fight every day to get him to drink the full amount.

I feel for you and your child. I need to ask why you would even chance growing a strain your unable to get specific information for? You did say you didn't want your son to get high.

Wish you the best, act don't react to the situation ...

Hello Everyone,

I'm planning to grow MMJ for my son who has a very severe form of epilepsy known as Dravet Syndrome. If you saw the recent CNN Documentary Weed, it is the same condition as the little girl featured. So, I'm looking to grow a high CBD and low THC strain since my son is just about to turn 5 and I have no interest in getting him high. We ran a test run with a high CBD low THC strain from a dispensary and it worked for my son when no other medication has.

I have access to ACDC clones and that is probably what we will grow, but none of the strain info sites have information on the strain. Best growing conditions, veg and flowering timelines, growing characteristics, special considerations, etc. If any of you have experience with this strain and can fill in some of the blanks for me I'd really appreciate it.

Best,
DravetDad

I feel for you and your child. I need to ask why you would even chance growing a strain your unable to get specific information for? You did say you didn't want your son to get high.

Wish you the best, act don't react to the situation ...
Hi Wacky,

Thanks for applying the critical thinking and asking those tough questions. ACDC is one of the well known high CBD and low THC strains. Others are Remedy, Charlottes Web, Sour Tsunami #3, etc. There are a lot of ACDC tests posted to our local lab, Analytical 360, https://analytical360.com/testresults. So, I know it has the right CBD/THC profile. I also have access to clones so it is an easy one for me to start growing.

From everything I've read, each strain of marijuana has a unique profile and unique needs for light, nutrients, etc. So I'm looking for that sort of information. I could fumble through growing it and learn from trial and error, but I'd rather learn from a ACDC growing master.

Sorry, I misread you......" I have access to ACDC clones and that is probably what we will grow, but none of the strain info sites have information on the strain."

I truly wish you the best, I watched that documentary and teared up. I was so happy to see the relief for the child

God bless

Hi Wacky,

Thanks for applying the critical thinking and asking those tough questions. ACDC is one of the well known high CBD and low THC strains. Others are Remedy, Charlottes Web, Sour Tsunami #3, etc. There are a lot of ACDC tests posted to our local lab, Analytical 360, https://analytical360.com/testresults. So, I know it has the right CBD/THC profile. I also have access to clones so it is an easy one for me to start growing.

From everything I've read, each strain of marijuana has a unique profile and unique needs for light, nutrients, etc. So I'm looking for that sort of information. I could fumble through growing it and learn from trial and error, but I'd rather learn from a ACDC growing master.

Hi DravetDad. I have used the ACDC strain and am very pleased with it. In fact, it is one of my favorites. It doesn't make me "stoned", and I am normally very sensitive to the effects of THC, and I am able to function "normally" throughout the day. It also has had a very unique and pleasant taste...one I can only define as "piney". I vape it, not smoke it, so don't know if this delivery system makes a difference. It helps me to relax without the stone, and brings my chronic pain and anxiety to a manageable level. I have been finding several websites with information on this strain...just Google ACDC strain high CBD, and I'm sure you will find what you are looking for. Best of luck to you and your son. Be brave and know you are your son's best advocate.

I'm currently in he same boat as you. I have been searching throughout Washington for all high cbd/ low thc strains. ACDC is so far out of reach for me. I have a little boy who has MeCP2 and has multiple grand mal seizures everyday. We have had some success w/ Harlequin and Harle-Tsu, but, still searching and trying different concentrations. I hope to see more posts of your progress with this strain and I hope your boy shows improvement.

DD,
Thanks for the heads up on the co-op. I was planning a trip up there for next week. I would be very interested in getting some clones. I would really like to hear what kind of progress you've made with your son.

Thanks,
Joopman

Hi DravetDad,

I'm sorry to read about the challenges your family is up against. I am posting in response to your plight, as well as the comment left by Wacky Kush. To address your questions first; I collaborate with individuals in California who know this strain well, and I would be happy to put you in touch with them.

In reference to WK's comment about his "need to ask why you would even chance growing a strain your unable to get specific information for?" The answer is evident to me. To not leave any stone unturned when wanting to do anything and everything to help your child. Although I find his implied request for accountability a little invasive, the sentiment is cogent in my opinion. It takes considerable time and resource to cultivate truly medical grade cannabis. To embark on the endeavor without knowing the profile of what you have can leave a lot of room for wasting precious time and money on a strain that may or may not be effective for his condition.

That said, I am the founder and C.E.O. of a cannabis testing facility in Northern California, and in the chance you are also in California, I would be happy to run analytics on tissue from your plantlets/clones to determine their cannabinoid profile prior to you investing resources in to cultivating them. I will do this for you at no charge. I will also be happy to quantify and safety screen the finished flowers or concentrates for you as well as offer consultation with regards to extraction and delivery of the cannabinoids, also at no charge.

If you are not in California, contact me anyway and I will do what I can to help facilitate a solution for you in your state.

I wish you the best in you search for effective help for you and yours.

Hello Everyone,

Best,
DravetDad

Hi Cannalytics,

Thank you for your kind words and the generous offer to help with my analysis of medicines. It is a generous offer and greatly appreciated. We are in Washington state, so unfortunately we can't take advantage of your kind offer. We are lucky to have a few labs around here though. I sent the test medicine I made from some Sour Tsunami #3 to Analitical 360 for analysis. The results were very good, https://analytical360.com/m/edibles/115924. Although, I know that I was just processing the flowers that other people had grown, growing them myself is a whole different ball game.

So far, my plants are doing very well. In addition to what help I've gotten from this forum, there is a professional grower with 12 years of experience who is volunteering his time to families here in Washington trying to grow medicine for their sick children. I think between the generous offers of help that we'll be able to grow medical grade cannabis.

As for AC/DC, I know the CBD/THC profile, and am comfortable with the medicine that it can produce. I guess what I was looking for was specific growing advice for that strain. I've read through many grow journals and it seems that each strain has it's own growing profile and quirks. I'm hoping to maximize the quality of the medicine, get a sufficient yield to keep my son supplied, and not have too many hiccups along the way. A hiccup now will delay our starting this treatment in earnest, a hiccup later could disrupt our supply and leave him vulnerable if we have weaned off of his pharmaceuticals. Although, thanks to the local dispensaries we could supplement our supply from them, so all would not be lost.

Thank you again for your generous offer of help and for your advice. It is priceless.

Hi DravetDad,

I'm sorry to read about the challenges your family is up against. I am posting in response to your plight, as well as the comment left by Wacky Kush. To address your questions first; I collaborate with individuals in California who know this strain well, and I would be happy to put you in touch with them.

In reference to WK's comment about his "need to ask why you would even chance growing a strain your unable to get specific information for?" The answer is evident to me. To not leave any stone unturned when wanting to do anything and everything to help your child. Although I find his implied request for accountability a little invasive, the sentiment is cogent in my opinion. It takes considerable time and resource to cultivate truly medical grade cannabis. To embark on the endeavor without knowing the profile of what you have can leave a lot of room for wasting precious time and money on a strain that may or may not be effective for his condition.

That said, I am the founder and C.E.O. of a cannabis testing facility in Northern California, and in the chance you are also in California, I would be happy to run analytics on tissue from your plantlets/clones to determine their cannabinoid profile prior to you investing resources in to cultivating them. I will do this for you at no charge. I will also be happy to quantify and safety screen the finished flowers or concentrates for you as well as offer consultation with regards to extraction and delivery of the cannabinoids, also at no charge.

If you are not in California, contact me anyway and I will do what I can to help facilitate a solution for you in your state.

I wish you the best in you search for effective help for you and yours.

DravetDad,

I'm pleased to hear about your support network there. I have a message in to the leading ACDC cultivator in my sphere, and I know he would be pleased to share his experience with the strain, especially given the circumstances. I do want to be wary of creating unnecessary concern, AND with the importance of this run, would like to help in circumventing any potential setbacks.

That said, I had a client come in to our offices recounting his latest attempt at a large Omrita-RX grow. He purchased two flats of clones from one of the largest dispensaries in our area. After sinking considerable time and resources in to a 90 day run, wound up with a surplus of 'J-1' which is what strain the clones actually represented. If you know the source of the clones/plantlets, all the better. If you do not, there are options to be more certain.

The capabilities of our lab do include the ability to profile clones and plantlets prior to being grown out and flowered. However, we are the only one in our area to my knowledge that offers this service. In my opinion, it is worth inquiring with your lab to see if they have this capability. If they do not, ACDC has some fairly identifying traits. One dead giveaway is the unusually narrow leaflets, as well as somewhat meek stalks compared to other strains. It's scent can be classified as "Piney".

Ill PM you with the disposition of my contact with my Cannatonic/ACDC guy, and will continue to wish you the best.

I live in Washington state and am using ACDC tincture from Synergy Wellness in California. Great product,
great results. I'd like to try growing my own - any ideas where I can find clones to start?

Hi,
I have been seriously considering taking my ACDC strain that tested at 20% CBD and growing it on a large scale for next harvest. I have some beautiful mothers that I could start the cloning process tomorrow if it made since. My ultimate driving force would be to help all the kids I keep hearing and reading about. I have 5 plots totaling 80 acres that I could dedicate for the cause but here is my reservation. I want to help but I don't have a clue as of yet what my return on investment would be. I want to push this movement but I also want to continue my quality of life.

Hi HH,

Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for how to make something work to help kids like mine while providing some sort of recoup on your investment. When you hear about families with medical insurance going bankrupt, those are families like ours. We have reached our out of pocket maximum every year for the past five years. Most parents of kids in this position I know are turning to growing or charity because we simply cannot afford the $300-$600 per week that purchasing medicine would cost us.

Hope some one else knows how they might be able to take advantage of your opportunity. Best,

DD

Hi, we are a dispensary in San Jose Ca. We are fully committed to providing high CBD strains to patients. We are currently cultivating many strains such as ACDC, Harlequin, Canna- Tsu as well as a few more. I am really excited to help all the sick patients that will truly benefit from the medicine and I would like to get involved and help become an activist for the cause.

Also if you have any advice on ways I can get more involved please let me know.
I will be leading the cause so reach out to me directly about anything regarding this topic.

The plan is to dedicate acres next season for high CBD strains and begin helping all the families who are In desperate need of this medicine.

Red
Business Development
HR' s Trusted Management

I am sorry to hear about your son, it is very devastating. Glad that you have found the power of Cannabis.

My daughter is facing Dravet also. She is 2 years and 4 months. She has status seizures. So far they are about a month a part and her development is on track, but if she does have Dravet, I am waiting for that dooms day any day now where it all goes bad. I am trying so hard to get her this strain before the seizures start to effect her development. We are in Maine and there is no strain like this on the east coast at all. She is on harliquin 1:1, but its not for her. I can not increase the dose bc of the THC, and since I have put her on it, she seams to twitch more while she is sleeping, which I dont like. She had a seizure last night due to fever, and there is not much more I can play around with as far as dosing. We need this AC/DC strain here desperately.

DravetDad and Janetp please get in contact with Dama oil in Seattle for info on Acdc strain growing and cbd oil. I know they have a program where they donate thier 80% cbd oil to dravets kids.... I hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom