Which seeds float? Male or female?

Fortune said:
wich seed float male or female?~!

I thought the good ones floated and the ones that wouldnt grow didnt.

it doesnt really matter wether they float or not the best ones sink i know this cuase everyone i know does it like this and it allways works but put the ones who float in one pot and the other one ones in a diff one and find out wich works better for u

i buy my weed

ok so float=bad sink= good?

if they sink it just means the seeds denser lol and if it takes a while for it to sink then its absorbent!
Ive had seeds that just drop like a rock right to the bottom

So, you have your beans in your hand. Now you are wondering what you are gonna do to get these to start growing. If you have purchased seeds from a reputable seed bank then you can be sure that they are all fit to attempt to germinate since they have been through a screening process already. However, if you have obtained your seeds from a bag then you need to do some simple checks to see if the seeds are viable or not. One way to test yourself is to lightly squeeze the seed between your index finger and thumb. If it gets crushed, then it's no good. Usually white, dried up seeds are immature and will crush. Dark green, green or brown seeds are more apt to germinate well. You can't tell the sex of a plant by looking at the seeds. The are some theories here but there are no physical signs that one can use to distinguish male from female seeds.

Some people like to germinate the seed using methods such as the paper towel method before they grow the plant. This is to ensure that the seed(s) get off to a good start . But it is not really necessary to do this unless you have a large amount of seeds for your area (50-100+ seeds). If you only have a few seeds then you can plant them right in the soil.
To germinate in a paper towel simply place the seed between to dampened pieces of the paper towel. Next, place the seed/towel combination into a Tupperware container or plate. Set the container on top of a computer monitor, refrigerator or propagation pad and wait until the seed cracks and you see a tiny white root tip start to emerge from the seed.

After you have germinated the seed you will see a little white root sticking out of the split shell. Dig a small hole in the soil (I like to use the end of a pencil to make the hole). When planting the seed(s) or sprout be sure to only go down 1/4" to 1/2" and drop the seed in. Make sure that the root or pointy side of the seed is pointing down when inserting into the soil. Fill over the whole with soil, then keep the soil moist but not damp/wet with some water. You should provide at least 4" of vertical space for the tap root to grow down. Place one seed each in a 20oz+ cup or a one gal pot then place your pot under your lights. Start with a 24/7 light cycle (24 hours on, 7 days a week). You should see sprouts within 2-14 days depending on your individual conditions and the method you used. For quickest results try and keep the temperature in the mid to high 80's (F). You will see slower germination rates but lower temperatures are acceptable as well (70s), this will simply increase the amount of time it takes to germinate the seed.

The sprout will emerge first with the 2 seed leaves. These leaves are small, smooth and round followed by a set of single bladed, serrated leaves known as the first leaves. The height of your light from the sprout will depend on what kind you are using. If using florescent lights, they usually run cool enough to put them within 1-2 inches of your sprouts. If your going with a HPS or MH type of light, they get hot, so you won't want them too close. A good way to test a light is to put your hand between the plant (or in this case soil) and test how hot it is with your hand. If it's uncomfortable for your hand, it's too hot. Raise the light up until you reach a good temperature. These type of lights will also dry your soil out fast, so keep your eye on it. Once your light is set and the leaves start coming in you now are on you way to growth stage.

Once you see the plant break though the top of the soil (it should take from 1 day to 1 week) you will see two small round leaves. Your plant will grow up a few inches with the two leaves getting a bit bigger and new leaves starting between the two round ones. Your stem will probably look white, green or even purple at this stage. The color depends on what strain of plant you have. It's advised that you refrain from giving your plant fertilizer during the first stages of growth. These stages are quite delicate, it doesn't take much to make a fatal mistake. Remember though out the whole live span of your plant, like most other things in life, the more things you have going on at one time, the more likely for a problem to arise. Your best bet is to keep things simple

i just want to know if the seeds have to be fresh or if thay can be like 2-3 mounth old and still grow if u know plz tell

love this man, If weed were water and i were a duck, i'd swim to the bottom and never come up. But weed isnt water and i'm not a duck , so pass me the blunt and i'll shut the fuck up.

timmy2tim said:
i just want to know if the seeds have to be fresh or if thay can be like 2-3 mounth old and still grow if u know plz tell

love this man, If weed were water and i were a duck, i'd swim to the bottom and never come up. But weed isnt water and i'm not a duck , so pass me the blunt and i'll shut the fuck up.
I think they can survive a long time and still grow...
But that just goes for seeds in general, I'm not a grower so I don't know the specifics, but I'm sure 2-3 months would be ok.

smokeymacpot said:
how are you going to clone if you dont have seeds to begin with. clones are good if you have extablished and want to keep that strain. never take a clone from some one elses garden. thats how you get spider mites and others. always start with seeds

You never stop ceasing to amaze me! You really Do know how to grow. At first I thought you talked shit about growing but I think you do know what your doing. Sorry for doubting you!

MV... :smokin:

yeah thanks man its just years of knowlage and being at school board as fuck looking at the internet and reading grow books i never stop researching weed actually its the only thing i really know who to do good. but yeah thanks man

Back
Top Bottom