perpetual harvest questions

Stankybudda

i am going to be starting a new grow. I am planning on doing a perpetual harvest. As of right now i have a 400 watt and a 1000 watt hid lights. I am hoping to use the 400 watt for veg and the 1000 watt for flowering. Only think im not sure about is if that will be sufice to harvest 2 pounds of dried flowers every month and half or so. i was thinking i might need to add an extra light in the flower but if not necessary i would like to keep it at two.

Just looking for some more experaince with something like this. if you need more info please feel free to ask. thanks 420mag pce and love.

I don't think you get it. Start with 12, pull the males at 21-25 days and start seedlings.

The females are done on 12/12 in 65-75 days, followed in 21-25 days by the plants that were replaced with new seeds. Of those seeds, you will pull the males at 21-25 days and let the females grow for another 45 days. Since you pulled the first batch of females at 60-75 days, you start new seedlings in those posts right away, and repeast the process. You will always have between 3 and 6 plants (At least) in maturity every 30 days.

Unless of course, your first batch are all females. Then, well, who is gonna complain :)

sweet thanks for all the input. Sry, been really busy as of late. I am planning on using the flowerclone method for the first two harvests then im gonna use mother for the rest of the time once more lights are added. I have one more question, where the hell is the Fox Farm Bush Doctor. And is there any products out there by other companies that will substitute for it.

yea i have never used anything like it either. So i was curious if it would be worth using. I think im just gonna stick with flushing out the plant every couple weeks. One week till the start of the indoors cant wait to bring my girls back in side, and another 3 or 4 weeks and ill be picking some pretty pink flowers out side...mmmmm. Been a year since ive had some home made meds.

Curious, couldn't find much on "bush doctor" sounds like you have to check hydro stores mostly? Also does any one have any experience with fox farms,"big bloom"? I've heard good things about this, but not sure if I should change what I'm currently doing. I'm using GH(general Hydroponics) products like Flora nova and such....I love it but would love to hear from more seasoned growers about these two products.
Thanks...:grinjoint:

If you are buyin seeds off of the internet, you can find strains that flower in 45-56 days. These would be the strains you would probably want. A 1000 watt will cover a 5x5 square area. That is plenty for a perpetual harvest but not at 2 pounds a month. Off of a 1000 watt, you should be able to get 2.32 lbs with the common 1 gram/1 watt conversion. Not perfect but a rough guess. Hope a little of this helps, it is kinda late...

i am going to be starting a new grow. I am planning on doing a perpetual harvest. As of right now i have a 400 watt and a 1000 watt hid lights. I am hoping to use the 400 watt for veg and the 1000 watt for flowering. Only think im not sure about is if that will be sufice to harvest 2 pounds of dried flowers every month and half or so. i was thinking i might need to add an extra light in the flower but if not necessary i would like to keep it at two.

Just looking for some more experaince with something like this. if you need more info please feel free to ask. thanks 420mag pce and love.

Although you don't seem experienced enough to attain a full 2lbs every month - month and a half, you should be able to do the math.

How many plants would it take for you to get 2lbs? How long do you have to veg them? How long are they in flower?

Simplified: let's say 8 weeks flower to be simple. So you need 2 sets in flower one per month. How many plants do you need, lets use an example 25 (for example) you would then need 50 plants in flower at any given time (25 plants/set * 2 sets). Let's say they need to veg for a month (again to keep it simple) so you would need 50 plants in veg at a time. Add it up. You need 100 healthy large plants growing at a time. Not including having any problems. If you think that you can bring in 2lbs a month I don't see why you should be worried about buying more lights anyways....

There is a big difference between they hobby grower and the commercial grower. A big part is having the time/money/space, but the other part is how much you get. If you don't have the money, 2lbs a month is a long ways off I'm afraid. If you don't have the space it's even further off. I recently started my own operation after running someone else's operation (I still help them of course) but I have seen what it takes to make a couple lb's a month and it's a bit more than the math up there...

ya I feel ya on that man I'm a month in to this and I've already had to make more room and add more light I am usin 2200watts for light spread threw three lights. Def. Don't expect what I orignaly said.I've been growing 4 six years mostly outdoors.well actually I only have three indoor harvests under my belt.

Any way thanks for the input

Back
Top Bottom