Ideas on the best way to ventilate my grow tent.

chaosridden

Its 64"tall x 20" x 36" and in my closet (which is completely empty and walkin but small.).
I have one 4inch duct fan (80cfm) and one 6inch duct fan (250cfm). Also a clip on fan for circulation. There are two 4 inch vent ports on the back and two 6 inch vent ports on the side. There are vent flaps along the bottom as well... I have no money for an air cooled hood or any ducting at the moment. My light is a 400watt Mh/hps system. What would be the best way to set up my ventilation?

I was thinking the 250cfm fan in the side top port blowing the hot air straight out of the closet and the 80 cfm pulling a/c air in from the bottom back port. Also a clip on fan to keep air circulating in there.

I'm pretty new to the tent thing so any tips on ventilation/smell or growing in tents in general would be great.

|| ALSO.. would this have to run continuously? or would it jsut have to kick on every so often?

I vent my tent to an open window in the same room.
I run about a 265 exhaust and a 188 intake "roughly" I leave mine on all day but I am growing a strain that smells strongly in veg.
It is best to exhaust from the top and intake from the bottom. I have my exhaust fan sitting on top of my tent, pulling through my light and a carbon filter.
I strongly suggest the A/C hood, the ducting wont be very expensive maybe 25 bucks if you buy the insulated stuff.

The smell can be dealt with using a carbon filter, you can see it in my pictures they cost about 50$ and are worth every penny you can stand outside the tent and smell nothing

I am able to maintain low of 65 degrees and high of about 77 with humidity numbers between 30-45% without anything but an open window and the vent system.
I also run my lights at night to reduce the chance of ambient daytime heat screwing things up to bad.

There are some pics that might help on my journal thread.
:rollit: :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom