Around how much Marijuana does one indoor plant usually produce?

dirtyjerz

Im looking for a ball park range.. I know genetics and set ups mean alot. But at average how much would someone expect to get out of one plant, if the plant is grown indoors, in soil and with a decent set up (hps)?

Re: Around how much marijuana does one indoor plant usually produce??

Also want to add: they are grown with multiple plants, and are grown at maximum height for an average 8ft basement (so like 4.5-6ft). thank you!!!!

A lot of variables. Strains, nutes,co2, soils and so on. But as a general rule of thumb if your getting 2 ounces cured per plant your doing good. If your getting 5 you're doing excellent.
And of course the outdoors are the real beauties. 2 lbs a plant is good. I've known people that have gotten 5 lbs per plant.

Yup you can get impressive amounts off of plants growin in the great outdoors. Something I would like to try some time.

my last 2 grows i got about an ounce and a half on each, but they were put through quite a bit of stress in their first month and a half, so i was pretty happy to get that.

thats not too bad i guess... how tall and what kind of light... also what kinda stress did they have?

And of course the outdoors are the real beauties. 2 lbs a plant is good. I've known people that have gotten 5 lbs per plant.

I've never even heard of a plant putting off 5lbs...maybe wet weight. I grew outdoors for nearly 20 years with an awsome producing strain and never even got close to that. I'd love to know what strain that was, as I've been granted access to a tract of land to grow on next season, so I can try it out...5lbs...thats very close to unbelievable.

5 lbs outdoors is not impossible :peace: Personally, the best yielding plant I had outdoors was just shy of 800 grams :peace: I also fed and pruned her very heavily. I am going to give it another shot this year :slide:

And this post is non sense. Please read the FAQ's and refrain from posting questions like this. Who knows how much your plant is going to yield....no offense, but come on , do we have Ms. Cleo as a 420mag member? I didn't think so! LOL

A lot of variables. Strains, nutes,co2, soils and so on. But as a general rule of thumb if your getting 2 ounces cured per plant your doing good. If your getting 5 you're doing excellent.

5 lbs a plant???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
zahwowzers.. i got a boner just reading that.. o gosh

dude i'd need like 100 jars for that much cured bud... o god i think i jus pre-came in my pants.

wowz:cheer:

I've never even heard of a plant putting off 5lbs...maybe wet weight. I grew outdoors for nearly 20 years with an awsome producing strain and never even got close to that. I'd love to know what strain that was, as I've been granted access to a tract of land to grow on next season, so I can try it out...5lbs...thats very close to unbelievable.
My biggest was 5 pounds. A buddy got 8lbs off one of his. We dig 5foot deep and 5foot wide holes and fill them with 50% native and 50% quality potting soil like fox farms ocean forest. Lot's of worm castings and bat poo for me. Not sure what he used. His well water was better quality than mine which is why I think he did better. Mine started at 240ppm and I didn't have my RO system yet. This was in Redwood Valley in Mendocino county about 12 years ago. The best I've done here in Redding is 4 lbs. Just too damn hot in the summer and it affects the yield big time. The strain in mend was donkey dick. The strain here was a big bud cross. Not sure of the cross. The mendo plant had a trunk that a 32" belt barely fit around and was over 7 feet wide and too tall to accurately measure. I guess at 15 feet at harvest. The colas were huge! Below is a picture of a small donkey dick plant that yielded ok. my wife is holding just a few of the colas. There are 3 of the colas if you look close.
donkeydick.jpg

gosh...

hows the quality when compared to indoor?

i kno indoorer's loose the sun quality, but being in a controlled enviornment, that has to be an advantage.

Outdoor obviously wins with yield, but quality wise, who comes out on top??

I average 4-6 ounces per plant indoors with 5 gallon buckets and 600 watt lights. Strain dependent. I'm limited to a max plant height of about 4.5 - 5 feet do to my tents height and the lights needing to hang. If you over stuff the plants in the area and dont let the light reach the lower parts of the plants you'll decrease yield and potency in the constantly shaded area.

Wow it did start a debate though :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom