Help with my seeds - Update & pics!

Dankafied

My babies are in seven gallon pots. (all females) (almost 3 weeks old) I gave them nutes with PH incorrect water. They didnt like that very much. Soon after there leaves started twisting accompanied with very light yellow patches, mostly caused by the chlorine in tap water. I corrected the PH problem and flushed. How do they look?:smokin::slide:

Reserva Privada: x18 Pure Pakastani Hash Plant

DSC03182.jpg

DSC03185.jpg

DSC03186.jpg

Barney's Farm G13 Haze
DSC03200-1.jpg

DSC03193.jpg

DSC03206.jpg

DSC03197.jpg

Greenhouse Seed Company: Hawaiian Snow
DSC03211.jpg

DSC03202.jpg

DSC03207-1.jpg
:slide:

re: Help with my seeds - Update & pics!

why are the edges of my leaves on my x18 curling upward? in those pics theyre not doing it that bad. they do it more after i water or feed. it cant be a MG deficiency can it? i just planted them. theyre not even 3 weeks old. all soil and nutes are new.The PH is around 6.0-6.5. Temps around 74-80. but on a warm day will raise to about 87. One fan and two open windows so oxygen isnt the problem. (too much perhaps?) Im workin with the poor mans setup. 4 foot six bulb T5 fixture with mixed bulbs. I will also flower with this light. Foxfarm ocean forrest mixed with perlite. (I really need to learn how to make my own soil...) General Hydroponics Flora Nova Root Boost, Flora Nova Veg. Sea kelp, and a PH solution which is also made by general hydroponics. Before i go shooting her up with epson salt i want some second opinions. :popcorn:

no such thing as too much oxygen as long as temps are OK.

If they look OK at other times, it's pretty normal for leaves to get somewhat droopy right after watering/feeding.

you may be overwatering a bit also. Try to go a day or two longer on the next cycle and see if that improves things.

above is by far the best example i can find on the internet. if you look at the first set of photos submited on that post youll see exactly what my leaves are doing right now and if you look at the second set of photos you'll see exactly what my leaves were doing when they were that small.

I am aware of the fact that leaves droop down after watering. it happend all of the time on my last grow. thats not my problem. Right on for the input though.

BELOW ARE TWO REPLIES FROM THAT POST

1) "i dont think mylar can do that, i have used mylar for over 15 years and never seen this symptom until .... i have been doing og kush for 5 years and it is the only plant that does that often. it does resemble heat stress but you should also realise that when leafs curl upward too it has to do with the release of moisture in the leaf. is the fans too high for the plant at such a tender age or is your humidity to low like below 35%
-remember sativas do not like a ton of light, even those strains that are mixed.

don't know cause to me it is just the genetics of og. everything else looks normal..

so i have to say either genetics or elemental problem"

2) "Anyone got a real answer?

My mother in the dwc tub is doing the same thing. Definitely not heat stress as it's a whopping 12" away from the 4 bulb t5 veg light..."

if im not mistaken x18 has the same genetics as hindu kush. x18 is a strain from reserva privada. reserva privada is one of the only seed banks that has the last true strains of OG kush. I highly doubt this problem (if this is even a problem) is attributed to intense light exposure or heat stress cuz im running on a t5 fixture. those dont get hot at all. So is this over watering, over nuting or something in the genetics of the plant?:rollit:

in a three gallon bucket of one day old tap water i mix three mil veg, three mil root booster, three mil sea kelp. after its all mixed i correct the waters PH. then feed. two days later i water with PH corrected water. this is my routine. sound about right?:peace:

I think it's probably overwatering if you're giving them water two days after you give them nutes.

Every time you give them nutes or water, you need to wait until the pot dries out before the next watering.

The plants are fairly small and they look like they're in 2-3 gallon pots, so they shouldn't need to be watered that often.

theyre in seven gallon pots as stated in the first sentence of this post..how can it be over watering when im only using one gallon of water to a seven gallon pot. plus i drain about a quarter or more of that water thanx to the perlite in my soil.

This is mind boggling and from what I can tell, this is one of the more misdiagnosed problems in cannabis growing.

As far as humidity goes. will misting with a hand sprayer be enough. right now we're having stormy weather so i keep the fan infront of a slightly opened window. the humidity outside has been about 95 percent.:smokin:

well after doing hours of research ive come to this conclusion. the reason for the leaf edges curling upwards most likely has to due with a combination of over watering and slightly over nuting. my other plants arent showing any of these signs so i doubt its a result of incorrect PH since they all get recieve the same PH corrected water. I dont think it has anything to do with intense light exposure or heat stress due to lighting because once again my other plants arent showing any of these signs plus theyre all under a T5 fixture and those dont get hot at all. I dont think its MG deficiency or any other deficiency for that matter. Also, my newly grown leaves towards the bottom of the the stalk are growing mutated. on a leaf with three fingers, one finger will be longer or shorter, fatter or slimmer. i was told this was normal when growing under T5 fixtures. Is this true?

Anyone else have any other suggestions?:thanks:

I would have to agree with over watering. Your watering the next time to soon. 2 days is too soon to water again. I use the 2 inch finger method. Put your finger down 2 inches in the soil and if it's slightly moist they don't need water. I use 5 gallon pots and I water every 7 to 9 days. Also its ok if they droop a bit before watering is needed. Good Luck!!!

I thought of a few things that could be causing stunted growth and the mutation.

1) If these are from seeds. Bad Genetics -- I grew 3 Skunk #1's from seed last year, 2 looked awesome and 1 I was ashamed to say I grew it. It was short, only 1 1/2 feet tall, all disfigured, the leaves always looked mangled, 1 branch only had 2 buds on it. When I chopped it down, only 23 grams off harvest, but it out smoked the other 2 by far. I never took a pic of it, wish I would of now.

2) Your roots might not be getting enough oxygen. I have 1/8 inch holes drilled all over the sides of my pots so oxygen can get to the roots easier. Also prevents root rot.

3) Each Strain reacts different to the amount of nutes used, some like more, some like less. Too much will hurt more than not enough. Build it up gradually.

I hope this has helped. Good luck!!!

2) Your roots might not be getting enough oxygen. I have 1/8 inch holes drilled all over the sides of my pots so oxygen can get to the roots easier. Also prevents root rot.

Sorry for the mini-jack, but this is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Have you noticed a benefit from drilling the holes all over the pots?

It's a time-consuming but easy thing to do if it works. I know the 1/8" holes would contain the medium nicely.

Do your pots dry out faster too?

:thanks: you guys are awsome!

Have you noticed a benefit from drilling the holes all over the pots?

It's a time-consuming but easy thing to do if it works. I know the 1/8" holes would contain the medium nicely.

Do your pots dry out faster too?

The plants seem to like it. The pots do dry out better and it has helped to keep the humidity down in my box.

I need to reword about the holes, I drilled holes only half way up the sides about an inch apart, and on the bottom only a few, every three inches. The top 1/2 of the pot has no holes. Also I have my pots 1 inch off the floor.

Happy Growing!!!

Why did you leave the top half unholy?

An old timer told me how to do this and told me that if your soil is loose enough oxygen should travel 5 to 6 inches through the soil to the upper roots, then you need to get oxygen to the lower roots through the holes, makes it easier for the plants root to grow straight down and spread those little hair like mass through out the pot sucking up nutes. If you have grown outdoors in the ground, not in a tub, you will notice the main root will usually grow down and then to one side, its searching for oxygen and heat. Hope this helps.

have either of you ever used potting bags? and if so do they work as good as people say they do?:rollit:

ok, so i drilled holes in my pots, only the bottom half, one inch apart. i went to check on them about 2 hours after drilling. (WOW THEY LOVE IT!) thats all i have to say! theyre all perked up beautifuly. i advise anyone growing indoors in huge pots like 5-7 gallon nursery pots to drill holes on the bottom half one inch apart!

Thanx for kickin' game MrHighroller!!!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom