Pics of sick plants - please help diagnose

gfrombee

Newbie 1st grow desperately need help diagnosing why leaves are turning yellow/brown

Some of my fastest growing plants are yellowing and dropping leaves - other planets seem just fine

Problem seems to be getting worse after trying to let them dry out more and selectively fertilizing

I've looked over various disease charts, troubleshooting guides, leaf pictures and grow posts

BUT - I just can't seem to decide what it could be - so many possibilities seem to match up - no experience yet

My theory was overwatering or lack of N - but trying to adjust this seems to have accelerated the problems

Please help - I've included pictures and a suggested "required information" below

Thanks in advance for the help.......

(Pictures further down in post)

- 1/2 Shiva Shanti (SS) and 1/2 unknown free seeds from seed-bank
- Indica-Sativa hybrid mix
- 8 plants currently
- In vegetative stage for 4 wks
- Indoor grow
- Soil grow media
- Mix is ECOgrow organic soil from Home Depot (hypnum peat, forest products, compost,sand and perlite) with 2 inches extra sphagnum moss @bottom of pot - very heavy soil(regret?)
- Plastic pail about 4 gallons w/2-3 holes at bottom for drainage
- Single 600W Metal Hydride conversion bulb - on 24hours during vegetive stage - will switch to HPS during flowering - lights approximately 24-28" away from top of plants
- Fan cooled / 160 cfm bathroom fan @ ceiling with double intake on floor pair of 5" computer fans
- Room temp averages 75degrees with lights on - fan thermostat controlled
- RH is 30-50 - when initially measured - broke my gauge so now don't know - dry I think because of lights
- PH of water I use is 7.0 / ph of soil when measured with my cheap probe is 7.0-6.5 / probe doesn't correlate well with PH strips
- I don't see any pests on plants - did notice a very small white bug on PH meter one day
- Was watering every 2-3 days / but pushed it out to 5-6 days at this point - trying wet-dry cycle approach - maybe too wet soil?
- Plants only 4wks, so no ferts 1st 2wks - then 1/4 diluted Miracle grow 24-8-16 once before found growers frown on it - tried Alaskan fish and dried blood tea while trying theory that leaf problem is N deficiency - now bought FF GrowBIG but haven't applied yet
- Grow room is a basement closet approx 3'x3',8' - shelf in the middle top for growing - sump/ejector pump in lower area - so not using 1/2 space - upper half of room is reflective mylar covered walls, ceiling, door - oscillating fan inside moving around air.

rsz_1img_0006.jpg

rsz_2img_0005.jpg

rsz_img_0006.jpg

rsz_img_0007.jpg

rsz_img_0008.jpg

rsz_img_0009.jpg

rsz_img_0011.jpg

rsz_img_0014.jpg

rsz_img_0015.jpg

hey there. first off :welcome:

I would start by checking out Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

several pics look like different problems,, but looks like ph issue...

also, you mentioned that drying it out casued it to be worse.. maybe letting it get too dry? check ou tthe watering section of that thread as well..

someone posted a great pic of a ph chart,, I will have to see if I can find it for you...

Could very well be poor drainage. You may need to repot with a better soil. My choice is FFOF with added perlite and 2 cups dolomite lime per bag of soil. Feed with water only until all looks good, then slowly add nutes to feeding.

You also need to get a decent ph meter. Feeding mix/water should be 6.3 to 6.8.

I'll bet anything your PH is wrong. I started with a cheap PH meter. I believe the Milwaukee 6600. My plants looked like yours. I finally bought a more expensive meter and for the last three months, my plants have looked great.

I'm 95 percent sure it's your PH of the water. Use 6.5 for soil and things will look a lot better.

Thanks for the expert advice - GREAT forum....

Seems that PH and a new meter are the consensus...

FOLLOW-UP question>

Pretty clear how to measure the PH of the water or solution - BUT

To investigate problem further - should I measure the PH of the runoff water after watering?

OR how do you measure the PH of the soil (if not with an unreliable cheap soil meter)?

How do I determine that PH is @ nirvana for each plant?

To investigate problem further - should I measure the PH of the runoff water after watering?

absloutely, positively yes

OR how do you measure the PH of the soil (if not with an unreliable cheap soil meter)?

How do I determine that PH is @ nirvana for each plant?

The ph of the soil will be reflected in your runoff ph. You will need an accurate ph meter for this. If your runoff is equal to or close to (within .5) your feed water, then your soil ph is tits. If not, you will have to amend the soil. :smokin:

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/photo_577.JPG this is my plant but its not this is a random pic cuz i cant find out how to post a real one my plant isint as wilted and floppy its just got the seed life and the first real identafy abol leaf thay are going yello and curling up i did tuch the leaf but i dont see that killing my to leafs im got mircol gro soil what would it be that is herting my plant its amnisea auto 600 to 800 gram plant plez help me i would be mad if it dies thare for i spent 200 dallers on 2 plants

Back
Top Bottom