Cal/mag deficiency

LiveTour

Unfortunately I can't say I'm new to growing, I've been at it for a while in fact. Yet I'm running into this issues the last couple harvests, and now I'm reaching out for help. It seems to me it's a calcium or magnesium deficiency, or both. The last watering included: 1 Tblsp Pure Blend grow, and 1 Tspn of cal mag. This mixture ppm's at 650, and they're in soil. I feel like something's wrong with this picture, hence the deficiency I'm looking at here.

IMAG01602.jpg

:peace:

Re: Cal/mag deficiency?

Looks like a lockout due to pH.

Twisted leaves=pH problems .... usually

Any idea of your run off pH?

DD

You know DD I really don't know. I've been watering @ 5.9 - 6.0, I'm sure the runoff's pH is than that though. Do you think getting the pH to run off @ 6 is better rather than starting @ 6?

You know DD I really don't know. I've been watering @ 5.9 - 6.0, I'm sure the runoff's pH is than that though. Do you think getting the pH to run off @ 6 is better rather than starting @ 6?

Uuuuuhhhhh .... Neither .. 6 is lockout low.

6.5-6.8 is where you want to be in soil.

You REALLY ought to invest in a ~$20 pH pen off ebay.

DD

Ok right on! I have a digital pH test meter so that will work of course. I'll bump the pH up on the next watering :) Thanks DD!

Now should I mix my water/nutes to a higher pH (6.3-6.5), or shoot for that for a run off value?

thanks again!

6.5-6.8 in and out.

Powdered dolomite lime will take care of bot the pH and cal/mag issues. Get some.

DD

Looks like I'll adjust my pH to about 6.3-6.4 on today's watering. I'm thinking they'll bounce back before I switch the lamp to 12/12 :D

About the doomlite, would I sprinkle it on the top soil, is that cool?

Yes, sprinkle it on the top and water in.

2tbl/gallon of mix.

Make sure it's powdered, not pellets.

DD

Where can you get powdered dolomite? Is it already in growing mediums like Pro-Mix?

Where can you get powdered dolomite? Is it already in growing mediums like Pro-Mix?

In my area, only Lowes has the powdered (it's labeled ground), everyone has the pellets including Lowes.

Some mixes have some added, but not enough.

DD

****UPDATE****

The plants haven't shown any signs of increasing deficiencies, and are looking better which is great. So far I've just increased the pH level. I picked up the dolomite today at the hydro store, so I'll be adding that on the next watering. I like how the smallest bag they had was 50lbs heh heh. I have enough dolomite for a while it looks like :)

Well my new babies are dealing with the same lock out issue. These are purple kush babies. They're in gro-dan rockwool cubes, and they just got fed 1tblspn/gal botanicare's pure blend grow, and 1 tspn/gal botanicare's cal-mag. The pH has been around 5.8, yet the latest watering I bumped up to 6.4.

So I need some experienced people who've grown in this specific medium to please offer input on what the best pH is for this medium (rockwool) Sorry for the blurry pics :(

Thanks all!

IMAG02505.jpg

IMAG02494.jpg

IMAG02515.jpg

Well I'd like to correct everyone that was recommending ph levels for soil. You want it 6.3 dead on, not in between DEAD on. I'm from vancouver bc I grow medically I know lots of people that do also I've tried all differnt levels for the last ten years. For the last year and a half I"ve been doing it at 6.3 and I've been getting the best quailty around by far!!!!!!!! everytime!!!!!!!!!!! I would recommend Advanced Nutriends for you food and use the Connoisseur feeding Line also

live tour- I acutally ment to leave the post I did for someone elses post and problem , but with rockwell or any other forms of hydro you want to to be 5.8 dead on not inbetween or close 5.8 dead on. Once you do this the results will speak for themselves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom