Does CO2 really work on bugs?

awkinpup

Ok I just got slapped in the face with the spider mite. and I have about 2 weeks or less to harvest. I tried cutting and picking some of the leaves off that had signs of the little bitches and I looked under a microscope and there they were parting on my plants.
I don't think I can use any sprays or insecticide and I read some posts that said if you pump the room full of CO2 it'll kill those bastards.
If some one has done this can you tell me if it really works. I have a couple of full 20 pound cylinders. should I just open the valve a little and let it fill the room?

Some pointers would be great

I have afgan kush, white widow, GDP, and con cheese. there in soil in 3.5 gall air pots and the buds are Big, fat and just about ready...I've never had a mite problem before till now.

come on help a bro out

It has been said that running 10,000 ppm of Co2 into your garden during one of your dark cycles will kill pests. I have never tried it and have trouble believing it myself. 10,000 ppm of Co2 is far from a lethal dose.

I did read an article in Rosebud by Erik Biksa that made this claim. I think you can find it online.

Here's a pst from an other website:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for 20 minutes. Then after 3 days do it again and then again after 3 more days. for a total of 3 gassings. Your mites will be history never to return as the Co2(Carbon DIOXIDE...not monoxide) will suffocate the critters as they can't breathe with such high levels of Co2 in the air. The 3 times gassings will kill all the mites in all their forms as they hatch. Then lower your ppms to 1500 to 1800ppms for plant growth and for sure your mites are toast as they cannot reproduce or breathe properly with the elevated level of Co2 in the air. I have been using this method for pest eradication for over 2 years now and I am still here...just make sure your room is air tight.

What have you got to lose?

I personally dont think thatll work just because in theory, dont plants produce oxygen? I can see sufficating them with c02 if they were in a room with no plants then they wouldnt have any oxygen to breath cus there wouldnt be anything to produce oxygen. Juss my thoughts as im not a scientist

Peace

I've always found it hard to believe. We can exhale concentrations greater than 10,000 ppm.

I think at this point, dropping your temps down until finish and perhaps a morning spray with water will slow your problem down considerably.

kNOW THIS THREAD IS A BIT OLD BUT i DO BELIEVE THE ROOM HAS TO BE SEALED oops Caps lok on - and obviously dont go in until doors been open a while and air exchange has occurred

I give up . .whats " Weed Wars" ??? As to CO2, my friend who grows doesnt use it, so I'm just going on what I've read - was fairly certain that I had read that it works . .one of the Dutch Masters from memory . . .and I'm not referring to the 500 year old painters of fat women and religious iconography :riskybusiness:

Back
Top Bottom