Please help

I have just started to grow as a medical marijuana patient. I tried to germinate a bunch of heirloom seed s that were too old. Only one plant of 100 seeds grew and that is the plant on the right (I believe it to be a hash bud plant) The one on the left was grown from commercial seed given to me and told it was "good" no other information. The plant on the left is obviously indica. Both plants were put under a Penetrator 189X-PRO LED 300watt panel and the light was to extreme for the hash bud plant that would start to wilt after about 14 hours so I put the hash bud plant back under full spectrum florescents as you see it in this image. I pulled the commercial plant and stuck it in here for the picture to show the difference. The commercial plants seem to be able to take the LED light and though these two plants were started at the same time you can see the extremely fast growth of the commercial. These plants are the same age 33 days, they are in Foxfarms ocean forest being fed Foxfarms growbig 2 tsp per gallon every other watering. Both plants have been watered the same but as they are not the same this could be the issue (over watering the commercial) or it could be the light, I have now pulled the LED panel about 3' above and added a full spectrum florescent. In the meantime while I wait to see if it is light and water I thought I would post to see if you folks had idea's

Thanks Buckshot

DSC_5671_sm.jpg

i think it might just be the overwatering, the plant on the left, you can see where the leaves are starting to droop and sag. let the soil get a good inch or so dry on top before you water again.

i think it might just be the overwatering, the plant on the left, you can see where the leaves are starting to droop and sag. let the soil get a good inch or so dry on top before you water again.

I agree with burton. Both plants are indica BTW. Let the soil get dry then wait another day before you water again. I water my plants a lot mor than most but I also have a bad ass drainage system on my buckets so i know that I can get away with this practice safely. I water 1.5 times a week so every 5th day (math?) Do not add nutes to every watering, only add nutes *(if needed mind you) every other or even every 3rd watering. You should be watering your girls once a week. Your biggest asset other than soil and water is air. Make sure you have new air circulating through your grow. I have 2 times what is called for as far as circulation and I never use the same air twice. My grow is vented to the outdoors and fresh air comes from another vent that is from inside the structure. The structure is fed air via the ac system. Never use time released nutes! big nono. TR nutes are for the lazy and lazy does not cut it in farming the diggity dank. Hope this helps. Peace.

thanks folks

Just to add anouther opinion I agree the sagging is the 1st sing of over watering learn the plants wilting schedual and then water is the morning before it wilts

Update on this issue

It is turning out to be a combination of errors on my part and the lights I am using ...

after they did not turn around and kept giving me mixed signals, I went old school on them. I went off the FoxFarm feeding schedule and blasted them with Miricle Grow (yeah I hear you groaning) I waited 1.5 days (they were really perking up) then flushed them and went back on FoxFarm but added more GrowBig into the mix. Since then you can see they have perked up nice ... with the exception of the leaf damage. That I think is being caused by the lights.

Same two today

DSC_5984_twotoday.jpg

Back
Top Bottom