Need Help! powdery mildew on plant late in flowering

50cal

NEED HELP
im in the 7th week of flowering and now i have a bad case of pm.

I had pm earlier in veg i sprayed with pm wash and that didnt work so i sprayed with baking soda,milk and liquid soap
which got rid of it but now its back

Now it has spread to about 85% of the fan leafs , which i cut and threw away. Is there anything i can do to get rid of it and by cutting away the leaves enough to rid the problem

i know spraying could cause bud rot so i am in need of any knowledge of how to cure this.

Also this is my personal grow would the mildew harm the bud and would it be ok to smoke.

ONLY RESPOND IF U KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKIN ABOUT PLEASE

Pm is systemic in early veg use a systemic fungicide. Late flower remove what leaves you can spray water phd at 8 every other day.a sulphur burner will work the best but makes the room stink You should be able to trim the buds enough to smoke when you cut down.

You could try Actinovate which is an OMRI organic fungicide that can be sprayed a day before harvest, however if you're experiencing a strong PM problem it may be too late for this.

I highly recommend a sulfur vaporiser, which is more expensive however I have never seen clients have mold issues ever again once they have purchased one.

If you cannot do this and/or just want to harvest there is a method to removing the mildew from your plant. Harvest as usual, cut your leaves away etc. Then you can dip your buds into a container of H2O2 which will kill the infection and literally remove the fungus from your plants. If you dry your buds well (good air-flow and ventilation) you will not have any ill affects from doing this.

Hope this helps.

I tried the H2O2 method of dunking/washing the buds and it did not work very well at all for removing the PM... I tried multiple washes with H2O2 and the end result was still buds with PM covering them...

I would get a product like Serenade which is a bacteria that kills the PM...

Have you ever used a Sulfur Vaporizer?

If I had a bigger setup I would, but right now I am only using a 3x5x8 tent...tried all the so called natural methods, combo's and none seemed to get rid of mine... just recently picked up some serenade and also a copper soap/fugicide, and have some sns on the way all for my next grow, but as of now, my flowering on 4 of my 6 plants were all attacked by PM...blackberry kush and silverback og seem to be resistant :)

so far the best home rememdy I have found is garlic powder and high ph tap water with a little baking soda... helps slow it down, but doesn't rid it totally...

I also saw a product at the store the other day by bonide, that cures systematic issues like PM, but its not for use near harvest from what the store attendant told me.. definitely will keep it in mind..

If anyone has any working solutions for being able to clear the PM from the buds before drying and curing I would love to hear it as well... I did try the washing technique as well as a partial water cure and the Pm stayed on the buds... I was thinking maybe a was with baking soda/water or potassium bicarbonate/water, then a rinse, then a hang dry might work since the ph will kill the pm, and the bicarbonates collapse the cell walls of the mildew..??

neem oil or hydrogen peroxide always worked good for me.

Neem oil during late flowering??? wouldn't that make the buds taste bad? just curious :)

What % and mixture ratio are you using with H2O2?

I bought some clones at $35 each (4-6 weeks old to cut time down) and some of them have PM. Hell, they might all have it, but not all are showing signs.

I am going to spray with floramite anyway, but not sure how good that is against PM. Thus, first, I am going to spray with naking soda, water, dish soap (dawn), keep next to a fan and dehumidifier. Going to pluck all leaves off that look infected.

here in denver they just outlawed a ton of stuff for getting rid of PM - i grow with 0 synthetics so it doesn't bother me but thought i'd share that there is a company out here called key to life whose root life microbes have been lab proven to stop the spread of PM on cashews and apples and has worked for me in conjunction with their foliar spray both times i've had it and can be used up to the last day before harvest. just thought i'd spread the love in case anyone out here is scrambling now that eagle 20 and all that junk is banned

Back
Top Bottom