Trouble germing feminized Nirvana seeds - AK48, PPP, White Castle

HolySpicoli

I can NOT get my feminized Nirvana seeds to make a go of it! My three non fem Nirvana seeds (Blue Mystic, Papaya, Bubblelicious) have long since germinated, placed in soil, and popped through 2 weeks ago now. But I have tried germinating 10 feminized seeds at this point with no success. I have several grows under my belt and have never had such failure. These seeds were ordered recently, the non fems were from a previous order. I wanted to try feminized seeds because of the disappointment of having 5 males and 2 females last grow... It isn't going so well! Anyone else had any troubles?

So how long have you been trying to germinate these seeds for ?

Higher temperature of 20c to 25c also helps germination plus scarification of seeds.

Sorry to hear about the male to female ratio of your last batch of regular seeds tho, but thats regular seeds for you as in a unknown ratio of male to female seeds should be pretty much self explaining when they say regular seeds...

You can also take a cutting from a female plant & keep/grow on as a mother plant providing unlimited amount of female cuttings/clones/plants for future grows... saves money on seeds !

I have been trying for a little over 3 weeks. Temps are good and they are in the dark. I cant imagine it is anything I am doing, as I said the non fems are healthy, getting their second set of leaves now. I have germinated probably a couple hundred seeds over the years and this is a first. They grow a short sprout but never develop beyond.

I know non fem are a crap shoot, but my luck had never been so bad! In previous grows I have usually had at least 50% females, I guess my luck ran out last time.

And the problem with starting my own cloning is that I have no secondary area available to grow. I am a one room pony. Actually, a 4ft x 6ft under the stairs "space". I have two clones in my grow now that I bought at the dispensary last week for $15 each to make up for my seed failures, make sure I get a couple girls. And I think I am going to continue to buy clones and not mess with seeds (or males) anymore.

Sorry to hear its taken nearly 3 weeks & still no sign of sprout !

I've grown a couple strains from seed by Nirvana myself & must admitt the Blue Mystic is pretty alright i've got a special fondness for that strain & the Bubblelicious sends me straight to sleep after a couple spliffs often waking up on the sofa the next day :love:

I'm more of a regular seed man myself.

If you obtain you seeds directly from the NIRVANA website
which do have a pretty good reputation & i'm sure if you contact them stating the problem with a little explanation in a friendly tone that they will send you some more seeds as replacements :thumb:

If ya didn't i'm afriad i can not do much... a part from give em another week.

They do sprout, but that is all they do. They just don't progress. I have contacted Nirvana and they are offering just this once to send a new pack of feminized seeds my choice and a free pack of their choice. I chose BlackJack and requested REGULAR seeds if possible. I do appreciate, they could tell me to go fly a kite. Still, was costly, and messed up my grow. I hope at least two of the three non fem'd are girls, or I will have to supplement with dispensary bought. Now that I am all legal, clones from a dispensary sure seem the way to go... As far as an opinion on Blue Mystic, I love it. The Bubblelicious, not so much. I like berry, fruity flavors.

A couple of nice pics of my Blue Mystic...

100_12649.JPG
100_125214.JPG

Jealous, mine never go purple! Otherwise looks like mine did, leafless and top heavy. I had to tie her up in a couple places to keep her upright the last few weeks. She flowered 12 WEEKS before I took her down, partly I assume because my daughters interrupted the dark period a couple times. I only have one Mystic in this grow, crossing my fingers for a she. Well, and a half Mystic and half either Bubblelicious or Papaya. I found one single seed in the biggest cola, and I just had to grow it out of curiosity.

I also have some Nirvana Blue Mystic autos { Bought from Herbies} that havent sprouted yet, all 5 had tap roots, I put them
in rockwool because i wont have room for a couple weeks, there in a covered germinating tray, but after 4 days
nothin, not to happy....:peace:

Well obviously I don't know what to tell you Hamster, haha! I am at my wit's end. I just dug them out of the dirt again, they are doing absolutely nothing. The tap roots have begun to retreat. Now I have them tap root down in the soil with no dirt on the seed, see if that works. Doubt it.

Ill give them a few more days...........:peace:

There is a danger of planting seeds to deep & the plants use all their energy trying to sprout to the surface...

Don't really need to plant seeds no deeper than 5mm :thumb:

About a 1/4 inch down, day 4 nutin, iv gotten a dud here and there but never 5 .........:peace:

Same here hamster. I don't plant very deep, never had a problem before. Went through 10 feminized with zero surviving, while I went 3 for 3 with my regular seeds. I can't tell you the last time before this that I have had even a single seed fail.

Just checked them, they're toast. Tap root has withered and retreated. Going to call the delivery service, see if they have some clones.

Ill give mine a couple more days, im germinating 2 of the freebies i got,think ill put these in dirt as soon
as i can, i let the root get to about half inch or so, we'll see what happends. just hate to loose the cost of the beans.....:peace:

Im having the same problem with my AK48s. Germinated two using paper towel, they popped and I planted them into coco coir. Nothing after 5 days. I am germinating two more, this time I am using rockwool hoping to skip the step of moving the sprout to the coco. It's been a while since I've grown, this being my first one back I thought it must have been me being rusty.
Ive heard a lot of different opinions on feminized seeds, but never any issues with germination.
I feel both better, and worse after reading these posts.
I have some other seeds coming from a different source some fem some not. Ill keep you posted.

I use a heated mat under my 72 compartment sponge bed with a hydro dome over and have not had any issues other than males poppin out randomly from seeds from my garden. I have been tryin to figure out how I can order from Nirvana and not have the seeds sent my grow per their recomendation on their website. How were results of other orders if any? I think another I looked at was Sensi seeds seemed pretty straight forward never dealt with them though. What exactly do they do to make a seed feminized, anybody?

Back
Top Bottom