Rust spots on Indica fan leaves fifth week flowering during flush - First grow

kushty

Well, 45 years ago I had no idea how wrong my growing system was. 'Growlux' was the new light source and produced spindly and foul tasting material.
Everything has changed now and with the advent of LED and tent grows I can produce lush green healthy buds. I am following many growers on YouTube (something else I could have done with in the 60's) and I have reached the 5th week of 12 x 12 hour flower and I have 4 ladies growing.
I chose (mistakenly) to grow 2 Sativa and 2 Indica plant, therefore two short compact plants and two tall rangy plants. That means two different canopies in a 1 x 1 x 2 metre BudBox tent. I have used Low Stress Training to control the height of the Sativa ladies successfully but they quickly recover and now I have so many buds on them!!!
I am now feeding with pure, clean rainwater and all was going well until rusty spots engulfed the leaves on the Sativa plants. The Indica have not been affected even though they have been on the same feeding regime.
I understand that rust spots could be a mineral deficiency. What can I do; feed and delay harvest or leave and see what happens? Any advice would be most appreciated.
Before I noticed the rust we had a local power outage for 24 hours, could shock be a cause?

Hi ThcSnow
Sativa with rust is called 'Compassion' from Dutch Passion and Indica without Rust spots is OG Kush. I will add some pics if I can :Namaste:

Sativa_Rust_3_.JPG

View image in gallery

Hey kushty,

I got the same problem with my OG kush with the rust spots, even some leafs getting crinkled and crispy, i believe it to be a nutrient lock out of potassium, possibly Cal+Mag but i am also running a organic nutirent "Plant Magic Old Timer grow + bloom" where i thought that PH shouldnt matter but this could prove to be wrong, I am close to diagnosing the issue and thought this info could help you aswell, when i find out how to fix it you will be the first to know.

I do apologise just read word for word what you said, its not your og kush its the dutch one but still i think its nute lockout, every strain and a slightly different requirments when it comes to nutrition.

Goodluck,

420Steve

Well, Steve & kushty? Don't keep me hanging here! What was the end results with you guys? What was the fix? Florakleen flush and a refeeding?
Inquiring minds want to know!!

Thanks, guys, Andy.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom