Diagnosis Help?

Forevermello

HELP HELP
image12866.jpeg

Re: Diagnosis Help

Hi Forevermello, looks like a mag deficient, mix one teaspoon Epson salt to a gal of water. Happy growing.

Re: Diagnosis Help

Hello Forevermello and welcome to :420:

I will have to respectfully disagree with the above poster (plumbcrazy) as I think there is more going on than a deficiency judging by the colour of the leaves and the nutrient burned tips. To me it looks like a case of over feeding ( in this case too much Nitrogen) causing lockout of other nutrients, but it doesn't look like it has progressed so far that it cannot easily be rectified. What I suggest that you do is flush the plant completely using 3 times the amount of water (preferably PH'd to 6.5) than your container can hold, so for a 3 gallon pot use 9 gallons of water and for a 5 gallon pot use 15 gallons of water etc. Once the soil has been flushed of excess nutrients and toxins then you could resume feeding at a half strength dose until the plant is recovered.

Also I know that you have not really given much information as to what medium, lights and nutrients etc you are using so I will add a few pointers.

If in soil using chemical nutrients I would suggest that you fluctuate gently between 6.2 and 6.8 when PH'ing your feed (always PH AFTER nutrients have been added to the water) so that the plant gets the full benefit of all the micro nutrients at either end of the scale. Also try and avoid slow release nutrients as you don't have any control over what you are feeding your plant and when, for instance more nitrogen during the grow phase, less Nitrogen and more Potassium and Phosphorous during the flowering phase.

If you are using LED lights then some additional Calcium and Magnesium is usually required. This can either be a chemical nutrient such as CalMag or something more organic such as Blackstrap Molasses or Black Treacle and such. Epsom salts is great as a Magnesium boost but Blackstrap Molasses has a good ratio of Calcium to Magnesium which will aid in the uptake of said nutrient.

I would also recommend that you start up a journal (see the FAQ link in my signature) so that other growers can help you out whether post mistake or proactively helping you to avoid those mistakes.

I hope this helps and good luck with your grow. All the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom