First outdoor grow - Have a serious rodent problem - Help?

Re: First outdoor grow,have a serious rodent problem"help..

20160608_162636.jpg
20160614_185058.jpg
20160608_163005.jpg

Re: First outdoor grow,have a serious rodent problem"help..

I literally feel like I'm in caddy shack. I replanted the plant and it dug up the dirt again,then it moved to my second plant and deported it "The one in tires". So replanted both of them and decided to cut some chicken wire fencing g and put it around the base of the pot so it can't get to the dirt,literally the next morning the wire is mangled and bent and it dug up both plants once again,so this morning I put everything back and put brick on top of the fencing.

I can't shoot it bc im in city limits and I'm waiting for a trap but I'm not sure if it's the raccoon running around my area pretty the ground hog.

I used fox farm ocean soil and it was fine for a month and was using ionic grow nutes amd it was fine for a month. I bought some happy frog 555 fertilizer and used it on the tall plant only and that night it got it. The other plant didn't have any fertility but it keeps digging it up too. I tried spices,pepper,hot sauce,and mother balls. I'm waiting for a trap to come. But my biggest question is what should I do to help and keep these plants alive after being in rooted?

Just what you are doing which is repotting them immediately, but they will only survive if you can keep the critters from digging them up repeatedly. Photo no 1 shows a strong vigorous plant which should survive the trauma, but the critters have to be dealt with....but you know that.

Good luck :thumb:

I used fox farm ocean soil and it was fine for a month and was using ionic grow nutes amd it was fine for a month. I bought some happy frog 555 fertilizer and used it on the tall plant only and that night it got it. The other plant didn't have any fertility but it keeps digging it up too. I tried spices,pepper,hot sauce,and mother balls. I'm waiting for a trap to come. But my biggest question is what should I do to help and keep these plants alive after being in rooted?

I started an outdoor grow also, and my biggest fear is raccoons getting interested. They investigate everything new and will destroy things just for fun.

You may need to build a cage out of hardware cloth or galvanized fencing. Chicken wire is too light weight. Anchor it to ground in as many places and as deep as possible. Raccoons are persistent and will rise to the challenge you set before them.

Or you can make hanging baskets. A little tricky hanging up a 10 gallon pot, and finding branch to hold weight. Also creates problem of how to water and feed it. An extreme project but I've seen it done.

=>Is this grow on your property? Looks like may be guerilla grow.

Last option would be to bring them inside if you have room.

Good luck with which ever plan you choose.

Thanks for the options,ya whatever it is its defently persistent. I have received a box trap today and I'll be setting it up tonight. I have also been told "bonded repels all animal repellant is supposed to work great. So im goons use that after I catch the ground hog and coon.

And technically it's off my property but in a small patch of woods and some jaguar bushes.

Well i believe there's still a coon and ground hog I'm going after but unfortunately I think I lost the smaller one in the tires

On another note my tallest plant has made it through and is getting back on track and starting to grow again. I also just put two other plans outside today so hopefully they have a more stress free life.

Back
Top Bottom