Overwatered or underwatered?

joker0x1

1st time grower here. I have 6 outdoor plants in veg, all of them are looking healthy and happy besides this one. Its leaves started turning yellowish especially the older ones, so i started using some nutes with nitrogen. Leaves stopped yellowing, but the plant shrunk like this. Any suggestions? The outdoor climate is good, 50 deg longtitude in central europe, gets up to 14 hours of direct sunlight per day in June. Pretty surprising considering my other plants are doing fine in the same conditions (soil, watering, nutes etc).

dqESU3g7kjA.jpg

Give it some fresh water without any additives and wait for half an hour :thumb:

That's what I'd do too. It looks very thirsty. No idea why it would need a drink if none of your others do. That is classic wilting from lack of water. Either that or it has major root issues. It looks fine other than the wilt so I'm betting on "just add water".

Lower leaves usually yellow at some point. The only solution I know is to try more 'N'. It is the most mobile nutrient. When the new growth needs 'N' and it is not available in the soil, the plant pulls it from the oldest growth.

That is not enough water, IMO. Watering at this stage is all or nothing. Drench it completely (with 1/2 strength nutrients?), then leave it alone until dry. I never give "a little" water.

IDK what strain you are growing, but it looks like it didn't get all the light it wanted early on. Very strange since it is outside. I hope it isn't a boy.

Agree, it looks like it needs more water for the rest it looks fine as it gets :) As for leaves that took a blow, on a plant that size i would just let them be and let the plant do its thing aka create its own scar tissue and shed it off to avoid causing further stress :) Just my opinion :)

water thoroughly. let all the soil get wet not just around the stem. u need to c a little runoff from the bottom

My guess is you water that way on a regular basis, just adding what you think is enough to give her a drink then stop. This watering method could be part of your overall issue. Many different things could dictate how much water your plant uses over the course of the day, for example, this plant may get a little more wind then the other plants or perhaps be in a spot that gets a little more light and heat. These are just a few of the things that can use up what water you have been giving her. Say you gave each plant a quart of water with each watering, the others may be fine but if this one is using more it s possible that you are depriving her of enough water. That is why it is (In my humble opinion) best to completely saturate your soil when you water then do NOT water/feed again until the soil has dried out.
It appears you have them in a homemade greenhouse of some sort, it is possible that you are getting hot spots within your tent/greenhouse which causes this plant to perspire more then the ladies right next to them.

Yes you gave her a drink but you only supplied water to some of the roots not all of the roots. If you do not supply water/feed to all of the roots a some point, they will die and you will end up with a plant with a very small root system, which in turn leads to a less healthy plant overall.

Just my 3 cents.. sorry I had to raise the price but with the UK leaving the European Union I have to adjust for inflation:cheesygrinsmiley:

Agree with other posters. Water until you 10-20% runoff. Water slowly and water around the edges first then wait a few minutes. Do it again and move to the center and wait again. See any runoff? No, Do it again until you do. Remove any runoff remaining after 10 minutes, the soil is saturated. Now you've watered enough.

It's ok. I did it too. We all learn the hard way = The best way.

Back
Top Bottom