What do you think? Can she take off?

samy109

So I began my first hydroponic grow experiment, and all was well until about 4 weeks in. white roots, green leaves, and nice good growth. Then slowly these little brown red rust spots appeared so I figured nutrient deficiency in my res and remixed a stronger nute solution which brought on possibly the worst nute burn i've ever seen. Within minutes yellow blotches appeared and the leaves got super crispy and fell off. I did an emergency change in the res and it stopped but still the plants growth seemed to stop. This doesn't suprise me because I figured after a shock like that it's going to take some times to switch back. So today I notice its even slower growth and some yellowing is occuring today but in a different form, the plant is beginning to look overall "sick". So I clipped off all the diseased leaves since they are of no use anyways, clipped a head off on the bottom of the plant that was getting no light and wouldn't of produced, and rinsed the roots to get any of that acid nutrient residue off that might of been left. What I noticed when I took the roots out, is they went from a beautiful pearly white to a nasty slimy brown tinge with no smell to them. I figure the extreme burn killed or damaged the roots, so as I said I flushed them really well in clean ph'd water, got all the loose roots out till I was left with a much less tan and mostly white root system. Then I lowered my grow room temp and lights heightend a bit... and now to wait. What do you all think of this situation? Did I take the correct response to the urgent problem? Can she come back? Thanks for any help, if you need pics please ask!

Room temp: 80
light wattage: 212 w 4 inches away(cfl)
ph: 5.9
res temp: 65
plant age: 4 weeks
cycle flipped to 12/12 about 5 days ago. Sucks this happend during the flip! I really hope it doesn't hurt my yield.
res ppm: 500(was 900)

Conclusion: I believe my plant was actually being burned very slowly and the roots were beginning to die, this was only excaserbated by the nutrient change. Now that I have done all this, the bad growth has stopped spreading and all seems fair except for the fact the plant is not growing like it was... Most likely stunted. For how long is the question, I want my baby happy and healthy!

IsFUxEu.jpg

gHXMRa2.jpg

Pics. This is AFTER her haircut. Cut off more than I wish I had to. This was before(it got worst than this, I took this about halfway through the burn episode):

5ibmcWr.jpg

So it turns out the burn was so bad it killed all the roots. I decided to take a chance and cut them all off. guess what? Plant didn't go into shock or change at all, its still green and happy in fact now it's suddenly growing like crazy and new roots are exploding out of the net pot. Does anyone know how long the recovery period is when plants went into this much shock? I'd assume a week or two... I just pray to god this doesn't severely hurt my yield because I know this is a female.

Back
Top Bottom