rimtasseras

SOIL GROW

Strain - Auto purple and WW
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Vegetative
Lights - 45w led
Nutrients - none so far
Room Temperature - 18c to 27c

Problem: Hi guys. My plant leafs started twisting and curling in a weird way. Theres 1Auto purple 1Quick one, 4 White Widow. So the purple and 2 of ww started doing it. Others seem fine straight and healthy. What could possibly be wrong with them?
I use water from dehumidifier and add a tiny drop of vinegar to reduce ph to arround 6.2 or so.
I started without vinegar and it seemed ok, but the water then has over 7ph so... also the temperature outside suddenly skyrocketed to up to 30c and also in grow room got up to 29 almost as it used to be much cooler before. So could these be the reasons by any chance or any other?
I yesterday watered them with tap water with ph lowered to 6.3 to wash it up as the dehumidifier water stayed in room for few days and didnt look clean really. Its my first time growing so please give me a hand. Thanks a lot. I have attached pics. First one is auto purple and second is ww.

d53d3ea2d7.jpg

d53f539279.jpg

Rim, Hi. I'm new too, but I want to ask how you are measuring the ph? Are you using the type with 2 or 3 prongs? They are horriby wrong and may cause you to make unnecessary ph adjustments which will absolutely cause problems and wierd problems at that. I bring this up because I see similar issues to mine when I introduced ph probs due to believing bad equipment. I will keep watching and make sure someone experienced checks here. More info? Got a fan on? Too much wind can be an issue. Is the soil very wet?

Hi thanks for reply. Im checking ph with electronic ph meter so i believe its more or less acurate. And i have a fan blowing too( not directly at plants, but next to them to keep the air circulation goin) its a tiny fan so shouldnt be too much. And i water them when like inch of the top of soil is dry.

I suppose there are many experienced growers , yet no one is willing to give any advice...
i put the lights higher but its not changing... also these white lines on the leaf, what are they? ..Someone?

How old are they? I wouldnt use water out of a dehumidifier, just use tap left out for 24 hours or so to remove any chlorine. The first leaf pic looks like it had some water splashed on it. The twisting could be ph. What type of soil are you using? Does it have adequate drainage? How dry does the soil get before you water? Alot of questions but it will help us help you.

Hi, they are 2 weeks now. So i started using tap water now as suggested. But the ph is too high so i lowered it with vinegar.
The soil is shown at the below link. I use plastic cups for now and i cut 6-8 pea sized holes at the bottom. But now the water doesnt seem to go through actually, even the soil seems to be quite wet after watering. And i only water then the soil gets that brighter color and is dry. I stick finger inside 1 inch and if its dry then i water. I am planning to transplant them to a larger containers. Would you suggest any better soil or this should do the job?
I attached the current pictures bellow too.
Thanks in advance!
I use this soil: Plant Magic Plus Supreme Soil with Growing Stimulant Hydroponic Growing Medium | eBay

IMAG009423.jpg
IMAG009529.jpg

Ok ill add some perlite when transplanting. i changed the water and lights up a bit. it looks fine. but some leaf edges are slightly curling up. maybe thats gonna go after a while. THanks for answers

Hi again. Everything is going just great now. I fimmed the plants and doing some LST. Started using foliage pro nutrients. Only a very little amount ( 1.25 ml per gallon) to begin with. And now just noticed these yellow/brown ish spots on two leaves. It only appears on one plant and on 2 leaves of the same stem. Any idea what it could be?
1469999692476.jpg

Yeah thats what im afraid of. It spreading. So i want to prevent it at early stage. But i suppose its very hard to tell what it could be since its very tiny. I guess ill wait till tomorrow and see how it goes. :(

edited: i also watered them with nutes and now added some cal mag so hopefuly that helps, as i've read that it might be due to mg deficiency or calcium. or whatever

I get some weird leaves down below the canopy where it's so shaded they're basically in the dark
Always looks like the dreaded SM
I don't even want to spell it all the way out lol

Hope you get it figured out

I also tried spraying some foliar approved enzymes but it really burned them up so I quit

Was attempting to get the stretchy gg#4 to stay shorter.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

I am concerned about the looks of your new growth. After hearing how you water, I was sort of waiting to see if problems started to develop or if anyone would advise you to adjust, but now I have to speak up.

I am still a bit confused where we are right now in the grow, and I could use a look at the entire plant from the side in regular light to help me see the development....

but here is what I see. Those funny leaves, they relate directly to some roots that look just like them down below. They are also weird, in a rooty sort of way, if I am right. The problem is how you are watering... and as a result, you are drowning your roots at the bottom of your container.

Watering every time the soil is dry at the top is exactly the wrong way to water our weed. It hates that. Luckily, you are under nice strong lights and your plants are very active... and as a result this problem has not bitten you yet, nor as hard as it does some growers trying to get by on budget cfl lights. You are going to have to adjust now though... I see the beginnings of a problem.

When you water, water slowly, with small amounts at a time, trying as hard as you can to saturate the soil in your cups. You should treat that soil as if it were a sponge and you are trying to get the most water that you can to sit there before it starts running out of the bottom. After correctly watering, then you have to wait for the plant to use all of that water. Be patient. She knows how to do it. At first, it may take her 5 days to get rid of all of that water, but as her roots build and get stronger, she will quickly be able to drain what you can get that soil to hold, in a day or so. When she can do that, it will be time to up-pot to the next larger size container, and repeat the process... and continue to force the plant to find all of the water before you give her more.
How do you do this? It is not the finger up to the knuckle method, for that only measures the top inch or two. You have to know if it is wet at the very bottom, where the water is pooling. The best way to do this in small containers is the "lift method" and it simply involves lifting the plant up, and if it seems heavier than a similar container of dry soil would be, or in other words, if you can feel ANY water weight at all... it is not yet time to water.

In flower the rules change and you water completely differently, but right now as you are trying to build up this weed, you have to be a little mean, a little cruel... you have to force those roots to find water. You certainly cant let water sit in the bottom of your container because this super survivor, this WEED, will go into survival mode, and will shut down its roots that are sitting under water and wait out the flood. That is what is starting to happen right now. That is what that sucked up top growth is showing you. As above, so below. Water correctly and this will stop, just that fast.

I have a link in my signature where you can read more on this. Hope it helps.

Back
Top Bottom