First timer in need of advice - White & brown spots - Yellowing - Dying off leaves

punctum

Hi All, I'm looking for some advice on my first time grow. There's some white spots (can't see bugs though), brown spots and some yellowing/dying leaves. Could you have a look at the photos and see if these are things I should be worried about?

I hope the images arent' too big, sorry!

Thanks xx

What Strain is it? CBD Python
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 80% Indica
How Many Plants? One
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? One week
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coir
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 70% coir 30% perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 17 litres
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 300w CFL
Is it Air Cooled? yes, with fans
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 25 - 29 celsius
RH of Room/Cabinet? 60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7.5 ph
Any Pests? white fly a few weeks ago
How Often are you Watering? Once a week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? 2ml per litre of BioBloom Grow, top-max & bloom. 1ml per litre of vitalink calmag, ph down to get the water to 6ph.
Size or Square Footage of Room? the grow tent? 40x40x150cm. The room the grow tent is in? 4x7 metres.

DSC_6644.JPG
DSC_6643.JPG
DSC_6640.JPG

Re: First timer in need of advice - white spots; brown spots; yellowing, dying off le

Thanks for the reply angry bird. I've actually read this guide already and I still can't narrow it down. It looks similar to a few different problems to me so I don't know what to change moving forward. Thanks for replying though!

Re: First timer in need of advice - white spots; brown spots; yellowing, dying off le

Hiya, all on the same plant but not on the same leaf. The most prevalent problem is the white spots.

It's not on every leaf. Probably about 10 percent.

Re: First timer in need of advice - White & brown spots - Yellowing - Dying off leave

Hi All, I'm looking for some advice on my first time grow. There's some white spots (can't see bugs though), brown spots and some yellowing/dying leaves. Could you have a look at the photos and see if these are things I should be worried about?

I hope the images arent' too big, sorry!

Thanks xx

What Strain is it? CBD Python
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? 80% Indica
How Many Plants? One
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Flowering
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long? One week
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coir
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? 70% coir 30% perlite
If Soil... What Size Pot? 17 litres
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 300w CFL
Is it Air Cooled? yes, with fans
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 25 - 29 celsius
RH of Room/Cabinet? 60%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7.5 ph
Any Pests? white fly a few weeks ago
How Often are you Watering? Once a week
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? 2ml per litre of BioBloom Grow, top-max & bloom. 1ml per litre of vitalink calmag, ph down to get the water to 6ph.
Size or Square Footage of Room? the grow tent? 40x40x150cm. The room the grow tent is in? 4x7 metres.

DSC_6644.JPG
DSC_6643.JPG
DSC_6640.JPG

White spots were probably caused by the white flies or also splashes of water/nutes and these little spots of moisture were magnified by the light causing the leaf damage. Brown spots could be from any slight nutrient deficiency or nute burn to the leaf or a short overly dry period.

Overall, they look ok. I'd just keep an eye on it to see if you note the conditions getting worse.

Re: First timer in need of advice - White & brown spots - Yellowing - Dying off leave

Are you foliar feeding? That could be a burn from the light created from a water spot from foliar feeding. I'd love to see the whole plant, but if everything is looking healthy, I suspect there may be no real problem. ;)

BTW...when you foliar feed, it's best to raise the lights and/or do it just before lights off or early in the morning.

Another quick tip: Using a "wetting agent" will also help prevent leaf burn from foliars.

One other thing. Are you sure your PH is correct? 7.5 is high. Perlite and coco should be treated like hydro. You PH should be much lower. Here is a chart for PH. Soil is higher then hydro and 7.5 would be high for soil. :peace:

rs_rs_ph_nutrient_availability.gif

GREAT CATCH!!! +REPS!!! :welldone:

I did not notice the PH and assumed you had corrected it, but if you're still running 7.5 you need to get that lowered to about 5.8 +/- a couple tenths.

What's a wetting agent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A wetting agent is something that makes water wetter! :)

It's an additive that helps break the surface tension in the water so instead of forming droplets that can act like a magnifying glass and cause leaf burn, they spread out evenly over the foliage. The intention is that, instead of having a bunch of drops on the leaves, you can get more complete coverage with the foliar spray using a wetting agent.

Most wetting agents are also "hygroscopic" in that they will prolong the amount of time the foliar stays wet on the leaves, giving more time for the nutrients to be absorbed.

Many of the nute manufacturers make wetting agents, and most add vitamins since they know they're going into a foliar. In the absence of one of the name-brand wetting agents, you can add a couple of drops of dish soap and it will do the same thing!

:Namaste:

Thank you guys for showing up to help him + reps to you all

Thank you everyone!

I have had trouble getting a reading of the water ph, which is why it's so high. I'm getting a digital ph meter today so hopefully I'll be able to get the levels right moving forward.

I've not been doing foliar feeding but I did have a particularly splashy watering recently so you're on the money there!

Here's a picture of the whole plant. She's short and bushy just like me! Overall I'm happy with her, just getting nervous now she's in flowering mode!

Thanks again everyone. You're all lovely.

DSC_6652.jpg

Your girl looks very healthy! :goodjob:

I'm sure it was just water spots from that splashy watering!

Re: First timer in need of advice

Shoot, those girls look great!! I'm glad I stopped by. This looks like it'll be a good grow to sit in on. :passitleft:
Hi Canna nice of you too to come by too :) :passitleft:

punctum,The plants looked so healthy and I wasn't sure about the spots that is why I called in for expert help.. And now you have good help here.

So, I got my digital PH reader yesterday so I was able to be confident of the PH of the water. Tested the coir with my soil reader and it was still saying 7.5ph... So, I think it's broken. Hopefully this means that the PH has been fine all along. I was trying to compensate for the high PH by watering with slightly more acidic water yesterday, though. Do you think this will be a problem? The water measured 5.2ph.

I can see some pistils forming on a few branches so I'm very excited now!!!

Back
Top Bottom