Supercropped top cola too far to prevent further light burn 2 weeks in flower!

Ronpaaaul

Hey all,

first grow. As the title states, I supercropped my top cola too far to prevent further light burn 2 weeks in flower! That worked great for about a week and then I further adjusted it because it took to the supercropping better than expected.

Before I ask I'll give some background:

Animal cookies (clone) 5' tall
week 2 day 4 of flower, but who's counting?
Roots Organix as my medium
I'm running a 315 true watt LEC with the 4200k bulb
4x4 tent
oscillating tower fan
Cutting edge solutions base 3 and 2 additives also from CES, Uncle John's Blend (helps with reducing stress during flower from what I understand) and some Mag Amped
I ran about 750 ppm throughout my 6 weeks of veg and have increased to about 850-950 ppm for flowering
average pH of 6.5-6.8
440cfm inline exhaust fan attached to a carbon filter with a speed controller
120 cfm intake passing through ice I periodically change out (probably doesn't help but I still maintain negative airflow)
my heat is about 85 at lights on with an RH of 55% (I'd like to defoliate to reduce that a bit if possible)

Alright so my question is can I top my main cola to avoid further heat stress/burn and effort to repair or should I just leave it. I was given the advice of topping to even out my canopy which sounds great to me but I'm a n00b.

I was also told to put very chewed gum where I gut so the area heals without infection. Please let me know what yall think cause I'm not all for that idea.

PS the top cola is being held by duct tape at the supercropped elbow and string hanging from the lighting fixture.

20160722_041125.jpg

20160722_041016.jpg

20160722_041144.jpg

20160722_041202.jpg

To me it looks as though the buds have set and the stretch is over. I'm not seeing any light burn or heat stress. . As far as I can tell, she looks healthy.

I wouldn't do any pruning/topping. If you have to, tie her down.

P.S. I've never heard of bubble gum applied to a freshly topped plant. I personally would disregard that little bit of advice.

Back
Top Bottom