Mag Def?

Sam Spader

420 Member
Greetings all! Wondering if I can tap into your knowledge and wisdom for some advice. I could sure use it! Here's the rundown...
Bomb's Cherry Bomb at 81 days veg from seed
4x12 tent with friends. 8" Hyper fan keeping temps at 75-77F. RH between 55-65.
432W cfl x 3(on 24 hrs)
Nutes: All nutes General Organics. (nutes per gallon)
5ml bio grow
2.5ml bio root
2.5ml bio weed
5ml CalMagic(Technaflora) Just started.
No pests.
Watering every 3 days. 1/2 gallon water pre-soak for couple of hours then a gallon more. Nutes every other watering. All water and nute solution ph'd to 6.5-6.8.
10 gallon smartpot. 1/2 FF Happy Frog-1/2 FF Ocean Forrest.

The problem...Mag def...I think? Noticed it a couple weeks ago but wasn't sure. After a little research and the "Pest and Problem Solver Pictorial" I'm pretty sure it's mag def. So a few days ago I added 10ml calmag to water. Looked like it was getting worse. I paniced and flushed with around 6 gallons ph'd water yesterday. Runoff ph'd at 6.8. Fed with lite nutes and calmag. Am I on the right track? She is SCROGing herself and WAS beautiful! 33" tall and 40'' wide. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
100_13322.JPG

Sorry about the date!

Re: Mag Def

I'm not to sure that's a mag deficiency. If your using tap water you shouldn't need any cal magic. If you using purified water I believe you would have had a mag deficiency a when she was young. If your using tap water and have been using tap water this whole grow then I kinda doubt that's a mag deficiency.

My guess is that your plant is showing early signs of nitrogen and potassium deficiencys. I personally use general organics nutes and a mix of happy frog and ocean forest and after 3 week to a month I usually start feeding them. I usually start at 10ml of bio grow and work my way up to 15ml per gallon every watering. Imo I think your under feeding her. 5ml per gallon of bio grow doesn't seem like enough for the age of your plant.

Under fed...Man, at 1st I thought ph...then mag...gotta get it straightened out so I can go dark. I'll up the nutes and see what happens.
Thanks twox...Think I should go ahead and flower or wait?

Under fed...Man, at 1st I thought ph...then mag...gotta get it straightened out so I can go dark. I'll up the nutes and see what happens.
Thanks twox...Think I should go ahead and flower or wait?

I would get her firing on all cylinders in veg before flowering. You want her to be putting all her energy into making buds, not overcoming deficiencies.

/my two cents

Definitely wait.... She's going to need that nitrogen for her stretch.. I also recommend to keep feeding bio grow for the first 2 to 3 weeks of flowering with general organics.. if I switch to early before the stretch is done I get a lot of yellowing on the 3rd and 4th week of flowering.... Good luck and if you run into any other issues be sure to ask... There's tons of great growers around these parts..

Back
Top Bottom