Female and male plants?

Ogcloud

Hi,
I am currently on week 2 into flower and I just noticed a few of plants in my crop in flower are showing signs of male pollen sacs and a few not far from having developed sacs. I've never had this happen before. Been keeping a daily close eye on all the plants. All the plants seem to be healthy and were started from "feminized" seeds. These plants are indoor under HID and LED lights. Since changing to 12/12 most of the plants continued growing closer to the lights to the point yesterday where I had to raise all the lights to the correct height, no severe burn marks were noticed. All leaves are healthy green, no discoloration except a some lower level leaves yellowing and dropping. Any idea of why this happened and what I should do next?

Re: Female/male plants?

I would chalk it up to bad genetics and keep an eye on the ones that could possibly be male all on one side of the room and watch them you don't have to really seperate until you've got actual pollen sacks forming when that if that happens take those boys outside and let them get as big as possible and make you some hash or cannabutter or farm some pollen don't forget boys have more thc content per ppm in foliage than females!!!

Outdoor organics.

Hi,
I am currently on week 2 into flower and I just noticed a few of plants in my crop in flower are showing signs of male pollen sacs and a few not far from having developed sacs. I've never had this happen before. Been keeping a daily close eye on all the plants. All the plants seem to be healthy and were started from "feminized" seeds. These plants are indoor under HID and LED lights. Since changing to 12/12 most of the plants continued growing closer to the lights to the point yesterday where I had to raise all the lights to the correct height, no severe burn marks were noticed. All leaves are healthy green, no discoloration except a some lower level leaves yellowing and dropping. Any idea of why this happened and what I should do next?

Let's see some pictures before you freak out. I can't count how many times I have seen people mistake a healthy and swelling calyx for a male part. If they are indeed male parts, maybe since you just went into flower, you mis-labled the gender, or maybe you indeed did stress a girl plant throwing out pistils, and now she has turned hermi on you. Bad genetics and mistakes in the flowering room can do that.

Regarding the discoloration and leaves dropping, that is always something that needs to be addressed... not just passed off as nothing. Let's see a picture of the entire plant, including damaged leaves at the bottom (still on the plant) so we can see what is going on. It could be several things, over or underwatering, needing to up-pot, nutrition problems... a picture or two and a few questions after that, and I bet we can figure it out and give you some advice... right now would only be guessing.

Back
Top Bottom