Banded thrips? Tips?

TendAtDusk

IMAG026523.jpg

Huge outdoor ladies showing signs of infestation. Thought perhaps spider mites until I found all these little bugs today. If you zoom in near my middle finger, there is one on my skin in the best focus. They have two white "bands" but on closest inspection the bands are comprised of parallel spots.

Considerable number of leaves showing silver thrip-like damage and poo tar spots (small oily looking blackish spots)

15 years we've cultivated medicine here, our biggest issue is generally caterpillars late season and rogue hail storms. This is a new problem for me. What do I do??

It's probably worth noting that each plant is easily 10 foot tall and at least half as wide. Full sun on a southerly exposure.

As I was taking the original photo, I encountered another leaf eating monster...lol shoo!!
IMAG026229.jpg

I like to use Azatrol. I also have used Capt. Jack's Dead Bug Brew and Monterey Rose and Flower with good results.
10' tall? Wow - those stems don't look thick enough to support plants that size. I have some 7' - 9' plants but the main stalks are bigger around than a beer bottle.
Our cat (RIP) loved cannabis. It was like catnip to her. :cheesygrinsmiley:

IMAG024332.jpg

There's a couple random short chicks. Not sure what happened with them. Genetics maybe? I'm super bad with labeling so I only know who they might be lol

This year they said ha ha to the 7 foot fence

Back
Top Bottom