Yellowing Spots

eToker

It's almost week 2 on this plant, hydroponic blueberry auto flower. Lights on 18/6 but I noticed this morning yellowing spots on the first set of leaves. I can only guess it's a Ca/Mg problem since this is indoor hydroponics and this is my first grow. So I've added my RAW nutrients Ca/Mg about a 1/4 tsp into the water.

420-magazine-mobile210234649.jpg

Theyre in a one gallon bucket with the light about 2.5 feet away. I don't have a pH kit and i have no idea what the pH is

Sent from my XT1526 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Theyre in a one gallon bucket with the light about 2.5 feet away. I don't have a pH kit and i have no idea what the pH is
I am sorry to say this eToker, but you really need to do some more reading. Growing pot is not easy, and growing hydroponically is even harder. There are many things that are very important in a hydro grow, water quality measured in parts per million, pH, and the nutrients you provide for your plant. Everything in a hydro grow depends on you... and you don't even know what pH is???

You have a steep learning curve ahead of you my friend. I hope you didn't invest a lot in this plant. I suggest that you devote a few days to reading everything you can get your hands on regarding hydroponic growing. Details really are important.

That being said, I am sending you some reputation points for being brave enough to come on here looking for help. The information you seek is on this forum, you just need to read through some journals of people just like you, just starting out, needing to learn fast. You can save this, and you are on the right track to do so... but you need to move fast. Hydro goes south very quickly when things start to go wrong. Good luck! You have a lot of work ahead of you!
Emmie

The thing is that I have done a lot of reading, not that I'm stupid. I understand what goes into it and the difference between hydroponic and soil. This is my first grow and actually yes, I did invest a lot. But it's not, like I made this decision lightly with the intent of screwing up. I know what pH is, but from my understanding and what I was told, it's called "weed" because that's how it grows. Like a weed. There are probably thousands of articles saying the same thing. I was never told that managing a pH (which is the acidic or alkaline measuring units) level was part of the things to take into account. I've probably read about 8-10 different things and have posted to ask questions about this on the forum and no one seemed to answer. Not even you in your quite confidence-defeating post here. So thanks, I've already gotten the help I need from much more helpful people who were nicer and more uplifting.

Ps. I said I was unaware of what the pH of my water is, not that I didn't know what pH was...
Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Emilya was not busting your balls, it was a pretty fair post. You are correct, it is a weed but in nature, this weed is not grown indoors or hydroponically. Because you are growing in an artificial environment, things that are not a problem outdoors can quickly become a problem in your grow. I will say this, when my lighting is good, I follow the fertilizer directions and I PH my water, I have almost no problems. PHing is important because if your PH is too high or too low, you will lock out nutrients. This is why you were asked. People were trying to help you. If you stick around the forums, you will see PH discussed a lot and that is because it is the root of many problems.

Back
Top Bottom