Yellow edges - Could be over fert?

mollifier

First grow here, all is going good. I was wondering why some fan leaves are getting yellow edges. I am feeding with teas. they have alf alfa pellets, kelp meal, and some bat guano in them. I first noticed the yellowing after I had been away from the plants for a week. Did a couple water only feeds to flush the soil a bit, but the problem is still advancing. Any Ideas? the top of the soil is dry on top and everything looks normal to me

20160821_135744.jpg

20160821_135900.jpg
20160821_135846.jpg
20160821_135836.jpg

The PH of my soil was around 7.7 I think... I checked the damp soil after it rained.

So I filled up a large bucket with tap water and let it sit for a few hours before adjusting the PH to about 5.8, thinking it might bring down the ph of the soil also.

And I put in a little small bit of sulphur dust in the water, one of the only pictures of deficiency this might look like.

Yes, overfertilizing can cause yellow/burned looking leaves and edges. This happened to me and so I flushed the plants with pH'd water and kept ppm around 200 for a few days. New growth came in healthy, and I trimmed off the yellowed leaves because they made me a sad panda.

Back
Top Bottom