Need some help with diagnosis please!

Smashakins

D4552FED-BA02-4990-BCB0-F32357B2834E_zpsnulw1sxv.jpg

6DBCEA42-A6A6-481B-A39E-B3A2E23E46C1_zpslhcmavjp.jpg

Hi! I'm a newbie at growing, this will be my first grow! I have a small grow grow set up, and have just entered week four of veg. I'm using LED lighting on a 18/6 cycle and the light is about 24 inches away from tops of plants. I'm growing four Dutch treat and four great white shark plants. I'm using the general hydroponics nutrients and following their guidelines for soil growing, I got the starter pack. My PH is 6.5, I water every three days switching between a nutrient mix of water and just a regular water( being new I didn't want to nutrient burn them). I have a humidifier which started at 70 for seedings and set back by 5 each week( beginning this week at 50 being week five). I have a small fan blowing on low to make the girls dance :) Using a konk sprayer to keep out bugs. I also have a small oil heater to keep the room between 22-29 degrees celsius. I started in solo cups with good drainage holes and just last week moved up to a bigger medium, also with good drainage. The difference in size is quite strange to me. Two plants of each strain are about ten-twelve inches and two of each strain are about six inches. Someone I know who's done grows before say my bigger plants look like they should at 2 weeks not coming into 5. Also about a week and a half ago I was shocked to see one plant developed some orange-ish streaks on it, between leaf veins and just on lower leaves. I thought perhaps nutrient burn and have just been giving water since. The plants don't look unhealthy just small. I ordered some cal mag to see if this will help? I know it's not bugs. Checked throughly for those. I tried adding a bit of oxidizer to the watering the last time to help get more oxygen to the roots. Roots looked great when I transplanted. It's hard because I've looked online at lots of pictures but nothing quite looks like what I'm seeing :(. I read somewhere that the plants should be growing a couple inches a day at this stage but I'm not seeing that kind of progress. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) I think I've included all the information needed but if more is I'll try to provide it quickly!

Hi! I'm a newbie at growing, this will be my first grow! I have a small grow grow set up, and have just entered week four of veg. I'm using LED lighting on a 18/6 cycle and the light is about 24 inches away from tops of plants. I'm growing four Dutch treat and four great white shark plants. I'm using the general hydroponics nutrients and following their guidelines for soil growing, I got the starter pack. My PH is 6.5, I water every three days switching between a nutrient mix of water and just a regular water( being new I didn't want to nutrient burn them). I have a humidifier which started at 70 for seedings and set back by 5 each week( beginning this week at 50 being week five). I have a small fan blowing on low to make the girls dance :) Using a konk sprayer to keep out bugs. I also have a small oil heater to keep the room between 22-29 degrees celsius. I started in solo cups with good drainage holes and just last week moved up to a bigger medium, also with good drainage. The difference in size is quite strange to me. Two plants of each strain are about ten-twelve inches and two of each strain are about six inches. Someone I know who's done grows before say my bigger plants look like they should at 2 weeks not coming into 5. Also about a week and a half ago I was shocked to see one plant developed some orange-ish streaks on it, between leaf veins and just on lower leaves. I thought perhaps nutrient burn and have just been giving water since. The plants don't look unhealthy just small. I ordered some cal mag to see if this will help? I know it's not bugs. Checked throughly for those. I tried adding a bit of oxidizer to the watering the last time to help get more oxygen to the roots. Roots looked great when I transplanted. It's hard because I've looked online at lots of pictures but nothing quite looks like what I'm seeing :(. I read somewhere that the plants should be growing a couple inches a day at this stage but I'm not seeing that kind of progress. Any advice would be greatly appreciated:) I think I've included all the information needed but if more is I'll try to provide it quickly!

hi
did you upload the photos to the gallery?here: Login - 420 Magazine Photo Gallery

and when adding them to your post.. you press the little camera in reply box (3rd from right)

Smashakins, hey bud. Angry Bird said you need a lil know how. I don't think I can help you very much with accurate diagnosis.
However there will be people coming by soon that can.
I may be able to help in the future though.
I am so far the only one using GH in soil that I know of. With fairly decent results.
I can come back on here a lil later to see if you have made any progress.
If you get a chance drop by my journal and check out one of my more recent posts concerning mixing nutes.
Good luck. Help is on the way

Phrum the light room.

I'm no expert on this, but I wouldn't worry much about those if the new growth is good. When you worry the plant gets your vibes and you can make her unintentionally grow bad. You can remove the damaged leaves. I also suggest you cover those transparent pots of yours, so no light gets to the roots. Also you can transplant them into something bigger/deeper- bury them up to the first small leaves, the plan will grow more roots from the stem. They really do look fine to me. But as I've said I'm no expert on liquid nutrients. Happy growing and do not worry much my friend! I bet more people will answer to Birdie's call, haha. Keeping everyone busy are you Birdie? I love her she is awesome. But we all are! :love: :Namaste:

Kinda looks like it may have been splashed with something ? Or a stream of some sort ran by it. No peeing on em Smashakins. Lol.
:passitleft:
Hit that. I think things are gonna be fine bud.

Phrum the light room.

What kind of led are you using ?
Does it have equal coverage throughout the grow area ?
Sorry if all I seem to be doing is bombarding you with more questions than you came here with ?

Jis curious

Phrum the light room.

I just got some air mail from a beautiful Birdie so I hope you don't mind me dropping in, looks like it could be leaf burn but it also looks like it could be Potassium deficiency but I'm no expert, I am sure there will be someone with a lot more knowledge than me who can help
:passitleft:

I'm not very good at diagnosis. I'm pretty stoned and stuffed from lunch.

You didn't mention what soil you're using but most have a little nutrient in there. If you've already hit them with nutes in their first 4 weeks it's probably just a nute burn and probably nitrogen. I'm not sure if I'd worry too much about it unless it persists. If in doubt, flush the pots with at least 3 times their volume of straight water and let them dry completely. I frequently use a protocol of water/water/feed. GH is good gear and water/feed is better than :morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

I wouldn't worry about size. Comparing with someone else's plants means that all things are equal. Lights, seeds, soil, water pH, temp, etc are always not equal so one should expect some difference between growers. Even some phenotypes of the same strain would have differences.

The plants don't look unhealthy just small

This is the best diagnosis - your own analysis. I have a bag seed that I like to grow and no matter what I do, it shows rust spots that I notice first under the LED then later I can see it as brown spots under natural light. The plant grows fine with this affliction and the herb is primo.

Wish I could help more but I think you'll be ok. Start a journal and lets us know about it. I just love to watch them grow.

:passitleft: You have 2 nice strains there.

It's a 300 Mars hydro reflector I believe. It is "supposed" to be enough according to a friendly hydroponic garden store worker. It's just for the first bit. I have bigger lights once they move for the nursery to the main space.

Back
Top Bottom