How long for Persimilus predator mites to really work?

CannaMedz

I ordered some Persimilus mites & I released them on my girl, which is only a couple of weeks from harvest.

I had things totally under control with azamax, but never killed all them buggers.
I stopped spraying the azamax a week or two ago, because I didn't want to spray too much on the buds.

The mites should have been released a week ago, but the package that was delivered last week didn't have any, so I had to get a new shipment.

Anyway, I released the predators last night, using little release boxes hanging from a few branches.
Should have been quite a large amount of 'em, hundreds hopefully.

Anyways, does anyone have any idea how long it takes to see real results from these guys?

Also, any tips on dealing with harvesting, if you still have (some) mites alive on the plant?

SewStoned - The Persimilus mites are the natural predator & enemy of Spider Mites. They are supposed to hunt them down and eat them up. They are also supposed to breed twice as fast at the Spider Mites.

So far, I can still see plenty of the evil mites & eggs. I've been picking off leaves that are most infested. No webs or 'borg' outbreak. The cold nights are to my benefit, as they slow down mites and their reproductive cycle. I have yet to see any of the 'good' predator mites attacking any eggs or mites. They were alive when I released them, so I hope they are still on her doing their job.

I decided today to begin flushing her, in prep for harvest. Hopefully she'll still fatten up a bit, but her white hairs are dwindling rapidly. In the end, I guess she'll be harvested a week sooner than I wanted. I was hoping to take her 10 weeks. I may do a partial harvest and keep flushing for a while before I finish her harvest.

I tested her out last night, and she's definitely high CBD. I'm very pleased, she's extremely relaxing. I didn't get 'high' but I got a really night numbing sensation & massive relaxation. CBD doing what it's supposed to do.

Here is one of her colas.

ACDCbud.jpg

Provided temps and RH are good.. about two weeks. Maybe a little less for any real impact. They have to breed to be really effective.

At harvest hang it with the cut stem pointing up for a day. Most remaining mites will migrate there and be exposed. Once they gather you can wrap an alcohol soaked rag around them. Or something similar. Just kill them without spreading them. Then bud wash. :cheer:

Hi Electro, thanks. I'll try that and look for them. I was under the impression that they just jumped off as they dried out. Been a bit worried about that, because I need to dry them inside, but I didn't want to bring mites inside. ( although, there's prob some inside already, I imagine ) I will definitely bud wash! Thanks again.

Hi Electro, thanks. I'll try that and look for them. I was under the impression that they just jumped off as they dried out. Been a bit worried about that, because I need to dry them inside, but I didn't want to bring mites inside. ( although, there's prob some inside already, I imagine ) I will definitely bud wash! Thanks again.

No problem. Yeah some may bail, but the majority will migrate to cut points.. so I guess I failed to mention, make no other cut points. Just the stem base. They usually stay within a few inches of it.

Good vibes! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom