Nitrogen Toxicity? Overwatering?

GandalfGreen

Hello again happy people of :420:! I'm having some trouble with my two sativa plants. (Arjan's Haze #3), which I think is either (or both) a nitrogen toxicity or overwatering. Here's some detailed info:

Strain - Arjan's Haze #3
# of Plants - 2
Grow Type - Soil
Grow Stage - Flowering, day 49.
Bucket Size - 5 Gallon smart pot
Light - Mars Hydro Reflector 192 LED panel (420W@110v; 410W@220v, PAR of 1200umol at 18 inch) at 18' from canopy
Nutrients - None yet.
Medium - Biobizz All Mix
EC of water - 1.5 mS
PH - 6.3
RH - 60% to 70%
Room Temperature 18-20 degrees Celsius (64-68 Fahrenheit)
Room Square Footage - 1.2m x 1.2m x 2m (4'x4'x6.5')
Pests - None Known

The problem was probably introduced somewhere in the last 2 weeks. I had someone else taking care of my plants as I was on a vacation and when I came back he'd said to me that pH and mS meter were acting strange and that he could not use them during the last few waterings. He eyeballed the amount of nutrients based on what he gave them the previous times and did not fully adjust the pH. This is why I'm thinking it's a nitrogen toxicity or possible overwating (or a mix). Could someone chime in and give me their opinion?
For more info you can check out my grow log

2016-10-05_19_45_02.jpg

Looks like a mixture of both, during flower (from the end of stretch on) you usually don't need to give them as much nitrogen.

Just my opinion.

Yeah that's what I thought as well, thanks for your response! I'm flushing them right now with just pH'ed water, but from what I understand the affected spots won't recover. So I guess I'll have to keep an eye on it not getting any worse.

in the future when your PH and mS meters start acting strange and giving weird reading, try recalibrating them. It is possible the bulbs on the meters dried out while you were on vacation.

Unless you were giving your plant extra N more then what your feeding schedule suggests, I would sway more towards over-watering as your issue.

in the future when your PH and mS meters start acting strange and giving weird reading, try recalibrating them. It is possible the bulbs on the meters dried out while you were on vacation.

Unless you were giving your plant extra N more then what your feeding schedule suggests, I would sway more towards over-watering as your issue.

I recalibrate my meters every 3-4 weeks and I keep the pH meter wet in a cup with KCL. I was just unlucky that the guy that was taking care of my plants while I was away didn't notice that the batteries were dead and therefore didn't measure the mS before feeding them but rather eyeballed the amount of nutrients.
Thanks for your input! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom